Know your Knowledge

Do we know what we know?

You know what you've been told, what you've seen, felt, experienced.

Or do you?

Well, yes, you do, but

You see, no one can know everything.
We agree, right?
Maybe you say we do but do you show it? Should you show it?

There are many methods of communication and this text is one of them. We can express everything through words!
...well...no...

Words can convey only about...7% of the information. The rest is body language, intonation, pictures and so on.

Sure, we have found a few ways to express those things through our messages 💬 but we still can't compare a book to a movie if we want all the information presented to us.

Books let you be creative and see unique pictures because they are just words on a page/screen.

Hey, quick question:
should you comment on this right now? You haven't read the full chapter yet.

But back to the matter at hand.

So what happens if we don't have words. Surely, we can do without 7%.

Let's say...
You go through the channels on your TV and you find a clip in a foreign language you don't know.

You see a bedroom, a man and a woman next to the door. The woman - between the man and the door. They are both frustrated, tired and angry. The woman screams something and the man hits her across the face, pushes her on the ground and leaves.

How would you react?
My first reaction would be to think that he was wrong for innitiating violence. But what has she done?

Maybe you agree, maybe you don't, but try to remember a situation where you had a strong emotional reaction.

Did you let the emotion pass and think about it?

And...more importantly, when you have thought it all the way through, could you react then?
You still have to consider the information you might be missing, right?

Then...when can one react?