The Beginning

He ran out of food a long time ago. Link even stuck to only one meal a day and it still wasn't enough. His meals were scarce and barely enough to sustain him. 

Now he was down on the surface, starving, coughing up flowers, and almost passing out from fatigue every evening. Having no food was really talking a toll on his body. Fighting every day took a lot of energy and running when he couldn't fight anymore didn't help either. 

Fi had recently seemed more concerned about his health than his progress on the mission. At first, he'd been grateful, but the constant reminders were starting to grow old. 

'Master, I recommend seeking out a place to rest and stay there for the night.'

'I have calculated an 78% chance that your condition will only worsen if you continue at the pace you are currently at.'

'The disease is progressing faster than I originally anticipated. Please attempt to cease your thoughts of the demon.'

'Master—'

"ENOUGH, FI!" He finally snapped, and started yelling. "I know that my condition is going to get worse! I Know that thinking about him will make the flower grow! I . . . I know . . ."

The sword spirit stopped speaking and registered what Link had just said. Then went back into the sword. "Very well, master."

Link took deep breaths to slow his breathing, then continued cutting down vines and plants to make a path through the forest. He wanted to find a place to rest before nightfall. He knew exactly what Fi was going to say, 'Master, I believe finding a place to retire for the evening would be in your best interest.' This was the one time he was going to follow her advice.

Everything else was . . . useless to him. Link wanted to focus on saving Zelda and stopping this 'Hanahaki Disease' before it was too late. Was it really so bad that people would rather kill themselves than die from the disease?

He unconsciously walked until he met a cave that was concealed by plant growth. It would be a good place to possibly spend several nights here after camp was made. Link was out of the reach of wind and even if there was any blowing, he would be downwind becasue of the way the rock was formed. 

Inside his bag, Link found the extra pieces of wood he collected and attempted to start it with some makeshift tools. The first try, he used the string from his old broken bow amd a chunck of the wood to make a a mini bow shaped object. He wrapped the string around the stick and started running it back and forth to create friction, but alas, he failed. The second try, he did manage to succeed after around fifteen minutes of rubbing a hard wild stick into a groove. By the time the fire was formed, it was already dark. 

The blond cursed himself for, once again being slow at something. He was better at wielding a sword and shield than building a simple fire. 

Sleep came to the seventeen year old quickly, however his dreams were not peaceful. 

Zelda and Impa had just escaped through the time gate, which was now destroyed. 

Ghirahim had caught Link off guard. 

"Now you've done it, Link." Link cried out as hell was thrust against the wall by his neck. "I blame myself. I should have reprimanded you the first time met but instead I was soft."