Chapter 2

"I'm looking for room 304, and can I ask what your name is? You haven't introduced yourself yet, and by the way I'm Ella." I cocked my head as I asked this, trying to seem innocent instead of scared. The girl was clearly working out before saving me, and I didn't mind having to follow her around. She was cute after all and my type.

"Yeah sorry 'bout that. I'm Jane, but the soccer team -- and most people – call me Luci. I live in room 304 actually, so we will be sharing a room. And sorry about Dylan. He likes to pick on people so I'm here to shut him down." She stated matter-o-factly and shrugged as they approached their room. She pulled out two keys, one on a decorated key ring. She held the plain one out for me, which I gingerly took it into my hands. Jane fumbled with the keys in her hands, pushing past the harry potter and other nerdy key chains.

"Sorry this room looks like shit. Didn't realize that you were coming so soon. I would've cleaned and baked, but I have a game today so, again, sorry." She acted a bit less confident as she cleared a path to my new bed. Jane casually kicked aside a knife lying on the ground. I stopped cold in my tracks at this movement. This girl, had just knocked a kid out who was still in the courtyard -- which could be seen from their window—and kicked aside a knife like she couldn't be bothered.

"Wha-what the hell?! You have a knife just lying on your floor? Are you crazy?!" I was practically screaming. Jane turned and looked puzzled for a second. Then it clicked, and she smiled this childish grin. She picked up a half-sliced apple and the knife, which was covered in apple guts.

"Didn't realize you were vegan. I won't kill any more fruits around you." She joked tossing one in the trash and the other in the sink. I carefully sat down on the edge of my bed. This girl may be crazy, but she was too cute to focus on. These next years were going to be hard, but hey I had a nice view.