Chapter 3 - The Bathroom

Me, Hermione, and Parvati wake up first, so we shower and get ready. Parvati looks at my curly reddish-brown hair in envy.

"I wish I had your hair, it's so pretty!" She squeals. I sigh, laughing.

"Everyone says that, but you really don't. It's actually really hard to work with..." I brush a strand of my hair off my face and laugh when it comes bouncing right back. "See?" I say as we all laugh. "Not so easy..." Parvati wakes up Lavender and the three of us leave the dorm together. But suddenly, she gasps and goes running back up to the dorms.

"Right," Says Hermione, watching Parvati sprinting up the stairs. "I guess we go to breakfast now?" I nod, and we start to make our way through the castle. When we settle down at Gryffindor table, Professor McGonagall rushes over to gives us our schedules. We thank her and open them, and Hermione find's out we have every class together, which is amazing! While we both dig in to breakfast, Ron and Harry walk in. I'm about to call them over to sit with us, but I see Hermione glaring at Ron, so I keep my silence.

After Hermione glaring at Ron for 5 minutes straight, I finally ask what's wrong.

"Hey, um...your looking at Ron as though he stole every book you've ever wanted to read." This makes her laugh, so that's good.

"Oh, well...I don't know. He just doesn't seem to like me..." She mutters.

"So your going to get him to like you by glaring at him?" I laugh. I even Hermione gives a small smile.

We both finish our breakfast and head out to the greenhouses for our first Herbology lesson with Hufflepuff. Professor Sprout stands at the entrance to Greenhouse 1.

"Welcome to Herbology, chaps!" She says cheerfully. She ushers us into the greenhouse. We start to learn about Longsprouts, big, blueish-green plants with almost tentacle-like leaves. Hermione answers most of the questions, but I've read about these in the library, so I answer a few questions that even Hermione doesn't know. As we walk out of the greenhouse, Hermione checks the schedule, and we have Charms next. We're the first people to walk into Professor Flitwick's classroom.

"Annabelle! How are you today?" He squeaks. I grin at Hermione.

"Great, Sir. Thank you." I answer. Then introduce Hermione. "Sir, this is Hermione Granger." I say, giving Hermione a little push.

"Very nice to meet you, Miss Granger." Squeaks Flitwick happily. I beckon Hermione to come sit down as the rest of the class files in.

"Do you know all of the Professors?" Hermione whispers to me. I nod, and she looks very envious. Lucky. She mouths at me as Flitwick starts his speech.

We work on the Levitation Charm in class, and me and Hermione are the only ones that can get it. Hermione attempts to help Ron, who is struggling a bit next to us.

"It's Levi-oh-sa, not Leviosa!" She says, exasperated. Ron is still grumbling when she turned around. She suddenly raises her hand. "Professor Flitwick! Annabelle and I did it! Now what?"

Flitwick comes over to watch us levitate our feathers, then gives us both an apple to work on. (which we get after the 3rd try)

"Marvelous, girls!" He squeaks, excited. Me and Hermione leave class quite happy. Until Ron and Harry walk by. Ron still seemed a bit irked about Hermione helping him in Charms.

"It's Levi-oh-sa, not Leviosa!" He mocks in a fake voice. Annabelle looked side ways at Hermione, who had turned scarlet. But Ron continued, oblivious to the fact the Hermione was right there. "No wonder she has no friends, she's a nightmare!" Ron exclaimed. Hermione let out a little sob, and ran ahead, purposely hitting Ron with her shoulder.

"Ugh! Hermione!" I call but she doesn't come back. I turn on Ron, who looks very red and quite shocked. "You complete arse Ronald Weasley!" I'm very tempted to hit him with my textbook, but I abstain, and settle with a glare that usually makes people pee their pants. Harry looks like he's about to say something, but I really don't care right now, so I run after Hermione. After a while of searching, I find her in the 4th floor bathroom, crying her eyes out. I try to convince her to come out, but she refuses, so I bring her some lunch and promise to bring her any Transfiguration homework. The bell rings and I leave the bathroom. Harry catches up with me in the hall.

"Hey, Annabelle, how...um, hows Hermione doing?" He asks a bit awkwardly. Maybe he cares, even if Ron doesn't, I cross my arm though, as if protecting myself.

"Crying her eyes out in the bathroom." I say. Harry looks mortified.

"Sorry, Ron can be kind of of..." He trails off.

"A git?" I answer. Harry laughs a bit.

"Yeah, that." He says. The bell rings again.

"We'd better get to Transfiguration, or McGonagall won't be happy." I advise. Harry nods.

We make it just in time, but McGonagall seems in a good mood today, so she says nothing.

Class is fun. We're turning snails into goblets by the end of it. I sit with Harry because Ron is nowhere to be found.

"You don't think he went to find Hermione?" Harry asks, sounding a bit uneasy.

"I certainly hope not," I say airily. "She'll murder him." We both share a laugh, but I can tell Harry is actually worried.

"Come on," I aim for a soothing voice, I suppose it's close enough. "Ron may be a git, but he's not stupid." I stop to think for a moment, "he's probably just skipping class." Harry seems to consider this for a moment, but he just shrugs. Boys... I think to myself. 

Transfiguration ends with nothing extraordinary happening, Harry goes off to find Ron, I'm going to check on Hermione, but I skipped lunch and I'm really hungry, so I'll just shovel food down quickly. Halfway through dinner, Harry walks in, accompanied by Ron. I say hello to Harry, ignore Ron, and finish dinner quickly.  I'm about to go when Professor Quirrell runs in, white as a sheet, looking like he's going to faint.

"TROLL IN THE DUNGEON!" He shouts towards Father. "THERES A TROLL IN THE DUNGEON!" Everyone starts to talk, some even start to scream. Only one thing can permeate my brain.

Troll in the dungeon...dungeon...Hermione. My feet move before my legs do, so I find myself sprinting out of the Dinning Hall without a second glance.