Epilogue

[Edited]

Many years later. . .

"And that was the last letter she gave to mom."

"But why didn't grandma write her a letter back?" I asked after my mom finished telling me the story of my grandma's first love, which was a girl. She was telling me this because it was my grandma's 1st death anniversary.

She sadly smiled. "Because she personally went to her grave. Every 12th day of a month, mom would go to her grave and spend the day there alone." She explained.

"Oh. . . I feel bad about grandma." I sighed. "Why did she stop visiting her?"

"It's because mom needed to move on. But I know she didn't forget Aunt Momo." She explained once again.

"But mom, I have a question. . . Why do I have the same name as grandma?" I asked.

"Well, when I first saw you, for some reason you looked like mom and I decided to give you the same name as her." She patted my head. "And everytime you and mom are together, I've been thinking if you were my daughter or mom's twin sister." She giggled.

I giggled with her and nodded, since I was satisfied with her answer. I looked at the clock and I realized that I was late for my part-time job. I immediately stood up, startling my mom.

"Sorry mom!" I ran to my room and grabbed my valuable things like my phone, wallet, and of course, I placed it in my bag. I rushed to the door, passing my mom who was just watching me.

I hurriedly wore my black and white sneakers. After tightening the laces of my sneakers, I stood up and grabbed the door knob. "Mom! I'm going now!" I exclaimed and went out. As soon as I got out of my house, I ran to the café where I work as a part-time eagle mascot.

Yes, a freakin' mascot. I didn't know why they needed a mascot. I don't mind as long as I can work and have money.

•••

The bell rang as I opened the door of ImYoo café. The manager, Jeongyeon-unnie, looked at my direction and waved at me. I shyly waved back and went to her.

"I'm sorry unnie." I lightly bowed. "I'm sorry for being late. Me and mom had a talk about grandma."

She flashed her charming smile and patted my head. "It's fine, Dahyun. Just make sure that you won't do it ag-"

"And why are you flirting with Dahyun, Yoo Jeongyeon?" A stern, cold voice butted in . I chuckled when I saw Jeongyeon-unnie gulped before removing her hand from my head and turned around, facing the owner of the voice.

"N-nayeon-unnie. . ." She stuttered when she saw Nayeon-unnie, who looked like an angry rabbit.

Whipped.

Nayeon-unnie turned to me and smiled sweetly, like nothing happened. "Hi Dahyun!" She greeted me. "Your costume got wet because of the rain last night. Just wear the café t-shirt and do what you always do. Good luck!" She sweetly said. Which creeped me out a little. Does Nayeon-unnie have two personalities?

She turned to Jeongyeon-unnie and glared at her. "You. Come with me." She coldly commanded. She pinched Jeongyeon-unnie's cheek and dragged her to their room, ignoring Jeongyeon-unnie who was yelping in pain.

And no. They are not going to do that in their room. Did I mention that the two of them are the managers of this café? I guess not.

Nayeon-unnie and Jeongyeon-unnie were my high school seniors. They graduated 2 years ago when I was in my 1st year of high school. The two of them used to act lovers- they usually hold hamds while walking, they fight sometimes but they will make up, and they always got each others backs. The three of us were not that close but the three of us would talk sometimes. And I wasn't surprised when they announced that they are together.