Ever heard of Princesses?

Aaron's POV

English Lit. went well. We started "The Merchant of Venice" by Williams Shakespeare.
Cheryl too was in my first class and later I realised she too had Chemistry, Maths and Physics with me. Four classes together. How am I supposed to concentrate now?
And the hard thing is that the guy I almost killed too was in those four classes.
I couldn't believe I got into a fight.
I had such a clean record back in Seattle. I always minded my business and avoided fights.

I could not watch anyone hurt Cheryl.
That was something I was sure about.

I made my way to the cafeteria. I was searching for an empty table. But all were occupied.

"Aaron" someone called my name.
I turned around and saw that it was Cheryl's brother.
"Come sit with us" he offered.

I took the seat next to him. It was the first time I was sitting in the Jocks table. And I must say that almost every girl in the cafeteria was checking me out.
But I was looking for a girl in particular. "Cheryl, where are you?" I asked myself mentally.

"So? What brought you to NYC?" Sam asked.
"My mom got a job in Chanel and so we moved from Seattle to New York." I told him.
The guys at the table too interacted with me.
"Thanks for what you did for Cheryl. I owe you hard times." Sam offered his hand for a handshake.
"You don't need to say that. I was doing that because it was the right thing to do." I smiled.
I realised that Sam was a nice guy. He cared about his sister and he was funny too. The entire table was laughing at his jokes. He was a fun person.
"Hey do you mind if I ask you something?" I asked Sam
"Anything dude" Sam said
"Why was that guy doing that to your sister? Are they like dating or something " I asked.
I wished that the answer would be no.
Somewhere deep in my heart I wanted her to be single.
"That guy was Jason McCann. He is Cheryl's ex boyfriend. They broke up this summer. I can't tell you more because it's not really my story to tell." Sam told and looked angry just by Jason's name.
And at that point I understood that he really cared for his sister. I liked that Sam was respecting Cheryl's private life. And then I knew Sam and I would become great friends.

I was thinking about 'those eyes', when a girl tripped in the cafeteria and there was milkshake all over her. The girl was overweight and was wearing weird clothes. Another girl was behind her who was hot and gave me the "Bad Girl" vibes at the the first look.

"That's what you get when something ugly and fat like you comes near me. Get out of my sight Fat Cara." The hot chick yelled at the poor girl lying on the floor. She was already crying.

"I'm sorry Regina. I didn't mean to push you. It was a mistake. I swear" Cara was literally crying and the entire cafeteria was laughing. Except me and Sam I think.

"You fugly cow. How dare you even say my name? " Regina threw a sandwich on Cara.
I hated Regina already. I was about to do something and give Regina a lesson.
Just two seconds before I was about to get up. Cheryl showed up. She was helping Cara get up.
She wiped her face and gave Cara her scarf to cover her top.
And also smiled at Cara and told her
"Don't listen to her."
"Naura can you please take Cara to the   ladies room?"

Her friend Naura took Cara outside.
Cheryl collected Cara's books and was about to leave the cafeteria but she was stopped by Regina.

"Looks like only a loser can help a loser" Regina was being the mean girl she was.

"You know what?  I can fight with you all day if I want to. Buy I don't want to waste my time on someone like you." Cheryl was so confident

"Bitch. No wonder jason left you. Did he left you because you were terrible at sex?." Regina shouted.

Cheryl wanted to say something but a tear came out first. Her eyes were hurt. I could see that.

"Regina, we all know who the real bitch is." Sam stood up.

"Sam no" Cheryl stopped him.
And gave Sam the 'don't do anything' look.
She left the cafeteria.
Sam followed her and I followed him.

We all went to the Parking lot and Cara and Naura too were there.

"Thankyou so much cheryl" Cara said.

"You don't need to say thank you.  I was just doing the right thing. Don't let anyone ever make you feel low about yourself. Okay? You are beautiful in every way." Cheryl hugged Cara

Cara was smiling already.

"You think I'm beautiful? " Cara asked Cheryl

"Ofcourse, you have such a beautiful smile. Any boy could be heads over heels for you." Cheryl said.

"That means a lot. Thankyou." Cara giggled and left saying she had to go to the library.

Everyone left for their respective classes. Except me and Cheryl.

"Sam, I have this terrible headache. I think I'm gonna go home." Cheryl said.

A part of me knew she was lying.

"Oh.I thought we both would ride together. I didn't bring my car. I came with Alec. And he has to go somewhere." Sam said

"It's okay you can take my car. I'll call a cab." Cheryl said
Handing him the keys.

Sam was about to say no.
But I stopped him.

"Dude. I can drop her if you want. I have to go home. My schedule for after lunch is not yet finalised so the receptionist told me that I can go home." I offered.

"Thankyou so much man " Sam said

"I'll go with Aaron then"  Cheryl said waving Sam goodbye

She said my name for the first time. I felt something. And my heartbeat grew faster. She had some effect on me. I realised.

We both walked to my car. And I opened the door for her. Once she was seated I started my Car. This was the first time I was riding with a girl.

"You want to hear to some good music?" I asked

"No" she said.
Weird.
I thought girls liked music.

I asked her for her address and figured out that she was very sad.

I had to do something. Seeing her like this was killing me.
All she did was looked out the window. It looked like she was trying her best to hold her tears.

"Cheryl." I said

"Uhmm hmm" she murmured

"Why don't you tell me what's in your head? So that it could be in my head too and we both could figure out how to remove it from your head." I had no idea what I was saying.
She was making me nervous.

"I have no idea what you just said."

"Me too"
I'm such an idiot. What was I saying?

We reached her house.
It was actually more like mansion.

She was about to step out.

"Cheryl " I said.
What was I doing?

"Ever heard of princesses?" I asked

"Ya" she was confused.

"I want to treat you like one."
I can't believe I just said that.

She moved her hand.
I thought she was gonna slap me.

But instead she covered her face with her hands and started crying.
She was crying so bad.

Oh no. What have I done?

I knew one thing at that moment. I could not watch her cry.

"Hey hey. I'm sorry. I don't know why I said that. You can slap me if you want but don't cry. I can't see you crying"

She hugged me.
And cried more

About three things I was absolutely postive about.
One I could not watch Cheryl in pain.
Two there was a part of her that pulled me towards her.
Three I was in love with her.