Easter Adventure

Chise stirred in her and Elias's bed. She had fallen asleep with him again, she stretched slightly a morning groan escaping her lips. She turned to move toward Elias only to be greeted with a cold empty bed. Her eyes slowly opened more as she looked around. He wasn't in the room at all. Weird, he usually sleeps in.

Chise sat up and shivered slightly as she twisted her body side to side stretching out her body. Once finished she looked around the room again, why in the world would Elias be up before her? She stood up her nightdress falling to her knees covering her silk shorts. She opened the door to his room and walked to the bathroom placing her ear against the door. No shower, no splashing of water, and the toilet was quite as well. She opened the door and sure enough, the bathroom was empty.

Chise walked downstairs and all the windows were closed and the curtains were drawn. Chise was confused. Walking into the kitchen the light was on and Silky stood making tea with fresh eggs and hash browns on the table. Chise sat down and started to serve herself.

"Where are Ruth and Elias?" She asked, "Neither were upstairs." She said eating a spoonful of eggs. Silky paused pointed at the closed windows and went back to her work. Suddenly Chise heard the front door open and she rose and walked around the corner. Her face meeting Elias's torso.

"uh.." Chise felt warm hands balance her. She leaned back a little and looked up. Elias.

"Excuse me Chise, I didn't see you there." He said releasing her. She took a step back and shook her head.

"It's okay it's my fault..." She paused and tried to look around him. But Elias quickly closed the door. She looked at him curiously.

"Elias?" She asked.

"Come, let's eat breakfast then I'll inform you of what's going on." He said placing his hand on her back moving her back to the kitchen. Chise took her seat and watched Elias as he sat down. She grabbed her spoon again and finished her eggs, curiously glancing up at Elias occasionally. Once she finished she waited for Elias to finish, he picked up his hot tea and drank a bit. Dumping the warm contents into his mouth. Chise still was waiting for Silky to serve her iced tea.

"So?" She hummed. Elias's orbs lifted to her eyes.

"Oh yes, Today is Easter. I believe that's how you say it. It's a human tradition is it not?" He said. Chise's eyes widened, she had totally forgotten.

"Oh, yes. I forgot. Is that why all the windows are closed and covered?" She queered. Elias nodded dumping some more tea into his mouth as silky set her iced tea down. Chise picked it up and took a sip grateful to the young lady.

"I assume Ruth was helping you." She said spinning the tea around the cup.

"Yes, he was. He was watching you and informed me you had waken up. I asked him to place the baskets near the front of the house. It's quite a lovely day outside. " He said setting his cup down.

"Baskets? How many?"

"Three." He replied smoothly standing. "One for you, Ruth, and Silky as well." He said turning and offering her his hand. Chise took a large gulp of her tea and took his hand. Helping her stand he led her to the door, and Silky followed after.

He opened the door and they walked outside. Chise imminently saw Ruth sitting by a blue basket with a few treats inside. Silky walked over to a pink basket and looked inside curiously. Chise looked at Elias and he pointed to a green one.

"That one is yours." He said.

"Oh thank you." Chise hummed walking over to her basket and looking inside. She saw some chocolate eggs covered in colorful tin foil. A smile spread across her face at the small action. Inside there were also jelly beans, a few recess pieces treats, and a little box with a stuffed bunny sitting next to it. Chise turned to Elias and smiled, he was watching her closely.