Chapter 4: Deep Sea Adventure

"Ugh, do we have to take the sea route?" Heruseus whined.

"Why? You scared of the water?" Executioner giggled.

Heruseus didn't respond at all. He felt sick as he stood on the white sand and stared at the waves crashing upon the shore. Executioner nudged him and laughed. Just then they received a message from Lizardon, and opened it. Heruseus used this as an excuse, "See! Let's find these guys who are following us and kill them! No water needed!"

"Boy, Lizzy just meant to watch our surroundings. He didn't say abandon the mission entirely, plus, you're our leader. Right?" Executioner dug his feet into the sand and looked at Heruseus, who seemed to have an epiphany.

"Yes! I am leader! I say abandon mission!" Heruseus smirked, believing he had won.

"Nope, three-thirds vote from the guild, your order is overruled," Executioner laughed, "you've never been scared of water before. What's up?"

Heruseus shook his head and looked down, "it reminds me too much of Osra. I had a dream where we all drowned in some accident and he couldn't do anything. Nothing relevant... Let's continue." Executioner hugged him before he walked over to a nearby NPC. Heruseus' smile faded as he followed him.

"Hello players 'Executioner and Heruseus' from the guild 'Hearts of Light'. I am in peril and need your help," an old man stated near the shore.

"Seems interesting," said Executioner. "Quest already."

"Right, what's your problem?" Heruseus asked.

Quest: Mah Child...

Help! I dropped my child into a cave under the ocean. Beware travelers, this is no normal cave. This is the cave of Thorin, where lies Thorin's Cloak. This Legendary weapon maximises agility, and allows invisibility while moving. Thorin's spirit guards the cloak, and my child went after his penny. There are two shark men that guard the entrance, and my child wanted to give them food. Will you accept my child?

Reward: 10,000 XP, 2 G, L Thorin's Cloak

Difficulty: Hard

~Yes~ ~No~

Heruseus shook his head in confusion, "what? You dropped your kid into a... what? How did the kid get there? Wait what the hell, is going on. The developers of this game need a little more revising."

"Your request will be completed shortly," Executioner accepted the quest. He and Heruseus received air capsules.

"Evan no! We're only level six! Wait, for a hard, two gold is rewarded? The fuck are the people who made this game on? If we somehow manage to do this, we'll jump levels for sure," Heruseus sighed deeply as he stood on the wet sand.

Executioner held up two gray pills, "what do we do with these?"

"Read the directions doof, I just wanted to grind."

"Oh! Says we swallow them and then it allows us to breathe underwater."

Heruseus stared into the waves and shook his head, "do we really have to?"

"The poor old man pretty much killed his child, we have to help him," Executioner walked into the water and laughed. "Let's go!" He popped the air capsule in his mouth and swallowed.

Heruseus put the small pill in his mouth and swallowed. He stared towards the water and shook his head.

"C'mon! I thought you did water polo back at school?"