ELEVEN: Dangers of Curiosity

Helena and Harry walked into the shop early in the morning to get breakfast. Uma and Gil were already there, sitting at the main table in front of the restaurant and eating breakfast. They were watching the Auradon news, which showed Ben holding a press conference. 

"And this just in, King Ben has confirmed the rumors that the bridge to the Isle of the Lost was opened," The news announcer said, the four watching intently. "The King said that he was on a special mission to the island and that Mal, Evie, Jay, Carlos and Helena were acting as his guides. The mission, which details are classified, is one that was totally sanctioned by the Crown in hopes of improving relations between Auradon and the Isle of the Lost. When asked where Helena has been the last few days, Mal told us that Hades himself summoned his daughter to the Underworld for reasons that are unknown and they haven't seen or heard from her since."

Uma scoffed, "Are they really buying this garbage?"

"Can your dad really do that?" Gil asked, his mouth full of food.

"Technically, he can but he wouldn't do since it would piss off the other gods," Helena answered, pouring herself a cup of black coffee. "But they have to say whatever they need to, so that the people don't think we're turning evil and trying to take over the world again." She then made a plate of food as she continued to say, "Trust me, those people are looking for every reason in the world to say that Ben was wrong about bringing us to Auradon and that villain kids are nothing but pure evil, like their parents."  

Helena knew the way Auradon media worked. It only acted like they supported her, Mal, Jay, Carlos and Evie being in the kingdom because they were friends with the King and saved everyone at the Coronation. But the five all knew that the media would turn on them in an instant if it meant they could persuade the people to believe that the five were evil, always have been and always will be.

"There has been no word from any of the Olympians on this matter," The news anchor continued saying, showing the closed gates to Mount Olympus. "So that leaves us to beg the question, why did Hades summon his daughter home? What happened on the Isle of the Lost? And why did the King want to go to the Isle to begin with? We will have more for you on this developing story."

Uma laughed, happy about all the distress Helena's absence seemed to be causing in Auradon. "Who knew that one little girl would cause so much trouble?"

Helena rolled her eyes, ignoring Uma's comment and finishing her food. The sea witch then turned to the daughter of Hades, "Oh, you're still on kitchen duty, so you better get on that. The food isn't going to make itself."

Helena sighed and walked into the kitchen, getting ready for another day at work. She wondered how Mal, Evie, Jay and Carlos were doing in Auradon. They have been through a lot together and she hoped what they were going through now would only strengthen their bond, not weaken it. Her mind also drifted to Carlos as she wondered how he was doing. She wondered if he missed her, if any of them did, and to see them all again.

Helena continued to work in the kitchen all day until closing, using the work as a way to get her mind off of things. She usually stayed in the back of the restaurant, not yet comfortable with the crew to go out and talk to them. Gil or Harry would come in the back to talk to her, so that she wouldn't feel lonely or isolated.

"Yes, Pain and Panic tried to cook and set the whole kitchen on fire. You should have seen the look on Dad's face, he was so done with those two," Helena told Gil with a laugh. The two became friends after Harry introduced him after the son of Gatson joined their crew. Helena had Gil to be one of the sweetest people on the Isle and vowed that nothing would hurt him. 

"But that doesn't even sound that bad. It's the Underworld, isn't that place, like, filled with fire?" 

"Well kinda, but it also has an extremely nice palace that Dad took his time designing and decorating, to which Pain and Panic keep finding new ways to ruin. So it's kinda bad."