FIFTEEN: Taking a Stance

Silence washed over the throne room in the Underworld.  No one said a word or even moved, too stunned to do much of anything. Helena was a goddess. As the daughter of Hades and Persephone, everyone knew Helena was powerful. But being a goddess in her own right was something on an entirely different level.  And now not only was Helena on the Isle of the Lost with a vengeful sea witch hoping to use that for her own purposes, she was moments away for snapping the single thread that she was desperately trying to hold onto.

Evie ran a hand through her hair, looking at her friends. "Guys, what are we going to do?"

"It's simple. You're going to go to the Isle of the Lost and get our daughter back before she either takes down the barrier or burns that island to the ground," Hades stated as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"How?" Jay questioned.

"Simple. I can take you there," Hades replied, taking a bunch of keys out of his pocket.

"Yeah, but what about-" Carlos began to ask, but quickly closed it once he realized. "That's what the whole scaring Auradon and kidnapping us thing was for. It's part of our cover. All of Auradon thinks we've been kidnapped and are being held hostage in the Underworld while we're really getting Helena back."

"And it makes sense considering I was already part of your cover plan anyways as some defiant, evil god that didn't listen to the King of Olympus," Hades stated.

"We're sorry. We didn't mean to-" Evie began to apologize, but Hades waved it off.

"Don't worry about it. My reputation has been ruined for thousands of years and it's not like it's about to get any better any time soon."

"Besides, there are worse things he's done and been accused of doing than summoning his daughter home against Zeus' orders," Persephone added, Hades giving his wife a smile.

"Good, great. Now that all of that's taken care of, Persephone and I have to leave. We both have jobs and an angry Olympian king to get back to. And not to mention, I'm pretty sure I'm going to be on damage control for the next couple weeks thanks to a certain somebody," Hermes said, giving Hades a pointed look.

The God of the Dead shrugged his shoulders, "It was totally worth it."

"And when you see Helena, do not tell her of her true nature. Hades and I will do so ourselves when the time is right, and not a moment before," Persephone addressed the group of kids, the five nodding their heads. The Queen of the Underworld gave her husband's hand one last squeeze before rising from her throne and walking over to Hermes. And with a huge cloud of white smoke, the pair were gone.

Hades sighed, getting up from his throne and walking over to the group. "Come on, children. You all have a girl to save."

"Wait, we can't go to the Isle looking like this," Evie exclaimed, the villain kids and demigod still dressed in their finest clothing for the Seaside Celebration they were once attending.

Hades rolled his eyes, "And what do you want me to do about that? I'm the God of the Dead, not Fashion." 

The group suddenly took a step back to the side as a harsh wind blew through the room, Hermes appearing once again with a bag carried over his shoulder. "Don't worry, I'm here to help. Here are your Isle clothes. Hector, Aphrodite made your outfit herself after getting inspired by Evie."

Hermes began passing out the clothing to each teenager, Evie carefully inspecting the demigod's VK outfit. "The Goddess of Love and Beauty created this after she saw my clothes?"

"She's a fan of yours," Hermes replied, the villain kids smiling when Evie let out a squeal in delight.

Once all the teenagers were holding their clothes, Hermes ran around the group at an incredible speed. With the god finally stopped, Mal, Evie, Jay and Carlos were in their VK clothes and Hermes was holding the outfits for the Seaside Celebration.