Chapter 1

'uhughjhjh'- Thoughts

A bright light flashed through the night sky in Little Whinging, Surrey and disappeared as suddenly as it appeared. It seemed as if the light was consumed by a small 6-year-old girl who had appeared when the light did.

Natalia opened her eyes and turned her head to look at her surroundings. 'Where am I?' She noticed she was on a street. The young girl walked down the street and came across an intersection. Am I dead? Maybe if I look at the street signs I can figure out where I am.

Privet Drive. 'How the heck did I end up here? Is this the afterlife? Wait....... this seems kinda familiar......

Holy guacamole, I'm in Little Whinging where Harry Potter lives. I wonder if I can find where Harry's house was.' She squealed inwardly as she started walking down Privet Drive, curiosity taking over her. While she was walking, Natalia noticed an Old Woman that was walking down the street and headed towards her.

"U-um e-excuse me," She stuttered.

"Hello, there child, what brings you out here at this time of night?" The woman questioned, curiously looking down at the odd child.

"Well I don't really know, could you please tell me the date?" She looked around distractedly at the house numbers along the street until her eyes fell upon number 4.

"I'm Arabella Figg but people call me Mrs Figg, and it is currently the 18th of July 1984," Her head whipped towards Arabella Figg immediately after the words came out of the squib's mouth. Confusion appeared on Lia's face as she fell into deep thought. 'Wait Mrs Figg? I recognise that name from somewhere........ HARRY POTTER!.....But isn't she fictional? It's my birthday as well but I'm not even born yet so how is that supposed to work?'

Then realisation dawned across her face, covering up any sign of the previous confusion. Her hazel eyes lighting up as she thought of a conclusion. 'I must be in the Harry Potter universe then, I've read fan fiction about something like this. Why me though?'Her mind was whizzing with questions.

Mrs Figg watched in slight amusement as different emotions travelled across the child's pale face. A few moments later, the girl's face went white as she collapsed.  Arabella quickly tried to steady the girl and saw that her eyes were closed and she was out cold.

Easily lifting the 6-year-old, Mrs Figg rushed her down the street to her house on Wisteria Walk which wasn't far from the place where they had stood. Using Floo powder, she stuck her head in the fireplace and tried to contact Albus Dumbledore. Thankfully, the Headmaster was awake and sitting in front of the fire in his colourful sleeping attire, drinking tea.

"Ah hello Arabella. What is so important that you are contacting me at this time of night?" Albus said without a hint of annoyance, his eyes twinkling.

"Well I found this young child who seemingly appeared out of nowhere while I was out on a walk, and I think I can sense magic in her,"

"Where is this child now, may I ask?" He questioned.

"Well, she asked me for the date and then proceeded to pass out so I brought her to my house. She is now laying on my couch,"

"Will it be okay if I see her? I'll go awake Poppy and she can come as well," The headmaster stood up.

"Please do so headmaster as I'm afraid I don't know what I should do," She ended the conversation and after a small wait the flames turned green and Albus Dumbledore stepped out, followed by Madam Pomfrey. The Matron swiftly walked over to the young girl and started doing diagnostic spells over her.

"So you said she just appeared out of nowhere?" Albus started talking to Arabella.

Mrs Figg nodded her head "She reminds me of Maree when she was younger,"

"Did she seem suspicious?"

"No, she's only young and she seemed like a foreigner. She kept looking around herself as if she had never been there before and when she talked to me she had a slight accent that I didn't recognise," They both watched Madam Pomfrey waking her wand over the girl.

"Really? Poppy so what's wrong with the girl?" Albus changed the conversation over to the matron.

"She seems to be in shock and she also has slight internal bleeding which she will need some monitoring for, but it doesn't seem too drastic, so, for now, a simple rennervate will wake her up," Poppy waved her wand over the girl once more and said "rennervate."

____________________________________________________________

Natalia's POV

I opened my eyes to see Mrs Figg and two adults staring at me expectingly. One was an old man with a long white beard, colourful robes on and twinkling blue eyes behind half-moon glasses perched on his crooked nose. 'So this is what Albus Dumbledore looks like. Cool. So maybe the woman next to him is McGonagall. Wait no, definitely not. I don't think she looks strict enough. So Poppy?'

"Um, hi?" I said awkwardly.

"What is your name dear?" The person who I'm assuming is Dumbledore said. 'What do I say? They can't know, otherwise, I would probably be out into some kind of mental hospital.'

"I'm Natalia, who are you?" I started staring back at Dumbledore, making sure that I didn't stare into his eyes because he could read my mind. 'That was a good start but I'm pretty sure I shouldn't tell them my last name. Maybe I should pretend to have memory issues? Wait does Dumbledore know?' I started panicking slightly.

Unaware of my inner turmoil, Dumbledore spoke "I am Albus Dumbledore, headmaster of Hogwarts. This here is Madame Pomfrey, she is the matron of Hogwarts' hospital wing. Natalia, do you know where your family is?"

'Dammit, what do I say? Think of something Lia!'

"I think they're dead, I was in Australia, there was a car crash or something and suddenly I appeared here. I've lived with them my whole life. But now they're just a foggy memory"  Tears welled up in my eyes "I don't even remember what they looked like." At that, I broke down in tears thinking of my family that I probably won't see again.  It wasn't hard to fake the tears since the pain of my now gone family was still fresh.

"I think my dear, you had a bout of accidental magic and apparated. But why here I don't understand? That was also a very abnormal distance to have travelled without having any major damage to your core. Do you by chance, remember anything about any relatives that live here?," He asked, his brows furrowed in thought.

"The only family I can think of live in Australia and I'm not even sure where. I just remember that I had a family with two older brothers, grew up in Australia and my Aunt and Uncle live in Sydney," I shook my head sadly. 'Meh that'll do'

"I'll need to have you checked for brain damage. It seems you have some amnesia. As for your family, what if we do a paternity test?" I perked up as Madame Pomfrey spoke softly "we could find out who your family is and at the same time if you have any cousins." I glanced at Dumbledore and McGonagall. Hope swells in my chest. 'If I'm in a different world maybe my family is still alive! But wait, I'm adopted, so what if I can find my real family.'

"That sounds like a great idea! What do I do?" I was, at that moment, very curious as to the results. She took me to the hospital wing at Hogwarts and I forgot all about Dumbledore and Mrs Figg.

Heyyyyy,
Thanks for reading! Feedback would be well appreciated. I will try to publish the next chapter as soon as possible. Just bear with me!
:::New update!:::

Hi, I'm sorry I keep having such large breaks, SCHOOL IS HARD. The next chapter should hopefully be done by today.
BAIIIIII

The Aussie Koala :)

*Edit 1/07/20. Random grammar issues*