Chapter 7 - The Green Dragon

Chapter 7 – The Green Dragon

Within a week, I learned how to fight using a bow and arrow. If ever a battle came, we planned for me to be in the backline with Yona since she wielded a bow and arrow as well.

Jae-ha was a very good instructor. I couldn't forget the first time when he taught me how to use it since our bodies were so close that I could feel his hot breath on my neck. Within that week, I also knew of what I was feeling for Jae-ha.

I was in love with him.

And this time, I was sure of it.

He was very patient even though I knew I sucked at it in the first two days. Since I didn't want to burden him, I practiced all day and all night to learn how to shoot a target.

I didn't want to kill but if the day ever came that my friends' lives were in danger, I would protect them. Doing my best to protect them was the least that I could for them. The Kouka Castle was my home and the people living in it were my family.

Every draw of an arrow that I would make, it was for the reason of protecting my family.

"Are you getting bored?" Roo-na asked me. I was currently on patrol duty with her together with Jae-ha and Roo-na's lover, Shin-ah. I actually asked Yona for the permission of letting me join them since I wanted to be of help.

"No," I smiled at her. "I'm actually happy to enjoy this view with all of you," I looked at the sky and saw the stars sparkling like they came out of a painting. It was a calming and relaxing view...and it was even more enjoyable that Jae-ha was here watching it with me.

"Really?" she looked like she was surprised. "I thought that you're happy because Jae-ha's here with us," she smirked at Jae-ha and even with the dim lighting of the night, I noticed a faint blush on his cheeks. Was he embarrassed?

What was there to be embarrassed about?

"U—Umm..." I chuckled nervously.

"You're making her nervous, Roo-na," Jae-ha shook his head in dismay.

"I'm not," Roo-na rolled her eyes. "And you're also happy about being with her, Jae-ha. Don't you dare deny it,"

"There's no point in arguing with you, isn't it?" Jae-ha sighed. "And what if I'm happy? You're also happy since Shin-ah's here with you,"

Shin-ah continued to be silent but Roo-na couldn't stop the blush that was forming on her cheeks. Maybe Shin-ah was blushing too and I just couldn't see it because of his mask.

"S—Shut up, you stupid green head!" she stammered.

"And let's also not forget the time when you were so oblivious of your feelings that you avoided Shin-ah," Jae-ha mocked. "You're a priestess who didn't know what she felt,"

"I'm going to kill you..." Roo-na glared at Jae-ha.

"Oh!" Jae-ha turned his right hand into a punch and slammed it on the palm of his left hand like he discovered something so beautiful. "Shin-ah was also the one who confessed first to you which shocked all of us since he doesn't talk that much. Aren't you ashamed? You're a priestess who didn't value honesty when it came to her own feelings?"

"That's the end of the line," Roo-na held on to her spear and charged at Jae-ha who just jumped a few meters away from her. "Come here, you coward!"

"And what? Walk into my own death trap?" Jae-ha chuckled. "No, thanks,"

Shin-ah walked behind Roo-na and placed his arm around her waist. That seemed to catch Roo-na off-guard. The blush on Roo-na's face grew more apparent than before.

I thought that they would be bitten by ants because of their sweetness. I hadn't seen them this intimate before.

Maybe they really loved each other.

I smiled sincerely at how they looked.

They looked happy.

I turned my attention to Jae-ha who was scratching the back of his head, "Stop the lovey-dovey act, Shin-ah," Jae-ha interrupted. "It's grossing me out,"

Was it possible...?

"You're just jealous," Roo-na stuck a tongue out at him and it was kind of awkward since she didn't move from her and Shin-ah's position. "Why don't you try it with Avi?"

Before Jae-ha could even speak up, Shin-ah beat him to it, "A hundred and fifty," he removed his hands from Roo-na's waist and looked straight ahead.

"A hundred and fifty of what?" my head tilted to my right side because I didn't actually get what he was saying.

"People," he stated flatly. "They are not soldiers or bandits..."

"What are they?" Roo-na asked her lover.

"Their clothes," Shin-ah turned to look at Jae-ha. "They're just like yours,"

The expression on Jae-ha's face when Shin-ah said that was something that I couldn't quite put a finger on. His face showed complete pain and terror.

"Don't tell me..." Roo-na's voice was panicking. "...they're the villagers who chained you?!"