Chapter 9 - The Green Dragon

P.S. Listen to the song while reading this chapter!

Chapter 9 – The Green Dragon

I was contented with saving Jae-ha but that didn't mean that I wanted to stay around to know that he hated me.

I used my curse once again...but I didn't regret it.

I knew that I did the right thing.

I ran to where my feet could drag me and I found myself in an isolated forest. I could just go back to my own village and continue living my life before Jae-ha found me.

My villagers could just go back to hating me since they hated me for a reason.

Just like earlier, I already killed people. The villagers hated me for it. The villagers hated the cursed child...which I really was.

Those people who would listen to my singing would die. I couldn't control this curse. I was surprised when my friends went out unscathed. Maybe it was because I directed my singing to those villagers who tried to capture Jae-ha.

Maybe my feelings for Jae-ha were that strong.

Every time that I sang, my violet eyes would glow—that would explain the burning sensation that I always felt when I was singing.

I liked to sing but discontinued it when I killed people unconsciously.

The villagers feared me...and I knew that what they felt was normal considering the fact that I was really a monster like they thought I was.

My decision was final to leave the Kouka Castle even though it pained me to confirm that I was leaving Jae-ha. Even though I stayed, I knew that he would hate me.

I knew that he would hate a monster like me.

I could at least continue my song earlier before I leave, right?

I could at least sing a song for Jae-ha.

I could at least sing a song for someone that I loved.

"Thousands of twinkling stars in the night sky,

I pray that they someday will come to you,"

Jae-ha...I would always pray for your happiness. I would always pray that the stars in the sky would make you happy.

"Along with this song is the seed of smile.

I pray that someday you'll make the flowers bloom,"

There was no need to say this, right, Jae-ha? Your existence was a miracle itself. Your existence made everything around me bloom. Your existence itself could bring a smile on my face.

"I send my song into the night sky, with a little magic.

I don't want to be alone in sadness forever,"

Countless tears came running down from my eyes as I thought of my memories with Jae-ha.

I didn't want to be alone...but I needed to leave you.

I didn't want to burden you with my curse.

"I look up at the starry night and make a wish,

That someday a bright smile will be drawn,"

Jae-ha...please don't forget that you were the one who brought a sincere smile to my face.

Could you please smile while thinking of me too?

Why did it hurt this much?

Why did it hurt this much even though I deserved this?

I wanted to stay, Jae-ha.

Don't forget me...please?

"I look up at the starry night and make a wish,

That someday a bright smile will be drawn,"

I was able to at least sing a las—"Avi!" my head almost snapped when I quickly turned to the owner of the voice. "Found you..." Leaves were all around his body and he was panting heavily.

I stared at him for a few seconds before I ran toward him and slammed my body onto his. "Jae-ha!"