THE DON'TS OF AN OC

WHEN you decide to make a story with your own original character it is important to keep in my of a few do's and don'ts

FIRST OF ALL, not only is this important in a twd story but in fanfiction in general is not to give your oc all the good lines/actions of other characters. It's acceptable to maybe do give a line of another character once in a while, but it is of inportance to create your own dialogue and memorable actions that make your character, your character.

SECONDLY, even if you give them other actions and dialogue, please try to refrain from making them a copy of another character by giving them all the same characteristics. Like a female Daryl Dixon for example. Try to make the oc unique in her own way.

THIRDLY, whatever you make your oc do/be/have do research on it. Doesn't matter how small it is. It is always helpful to know what you're writing about.

FOURTH OF ALL, most oc's in a way are based on personal opinions, but you could always try to change it up a bit. What you find morally right is different from what your oc thinks could be morally right. Try to stay true to their identity and thought process.

SO, basically try to make sure your oc is not an already existing character in the universe with just a different name. If that's the case you could just watch the so and there won't really be a difference.