The Meeting

Allura's POV

Allura sits down in the chair with her name on it. Her throat immediately goes dry. It is next to Lotor's which is at the head of the table. One part of her is screaming with excitement and the other is scared to death. What's the big deal? He's your friend, she tries to convince herself. She immediately looks down at her hands to avoid staring at the Emperor. She didn't want to look at him. If feelings spawn, it could be dangerous.

The meeting starts with Lotor standing up and greeting everyone.

"Thank you for coming from all sides of the universe to be here," He starts, his eyes meeting Alluras and they seem to almost widen. Though her heart almost skips a beat, Allura continues to look at him, not letting this feeling-what is this feeling anyways?- reach her again. The rest of the leaders nod, Allura a little late. "As you all know, we have come here to discuss trust," Lotor continues, "Galras have been known to be untrustworthy in the past, but this is a new age. And I can assure you that I will do anything possible to insure my honesty."

Everyone looks around at each other, contemplating what to do with this statement. This was what Allura knows she came here to do. To protect her childhood friend-or whatever he may be to her now. She takes a deep breath and stands up. Lotor sits down then looks up at her, his eyes giving away none of his thoughts.

"Lotor has done things in the past that may make us doubt him," Allura looks down at Lotor, his eyes now desperate and pleading. She gulps then continues, "But if you look back, you will realize that everything that he has done is for not only himself, but for his people and the universe. Also, he has voltron on his side after saving us from many threats. So I believe that we should trust him." It is a small point, but it shows how at least one leader trusts him. Hopefully the others will, Allura thinks.

Allura sits down, and she begins to tap her foot, but automatically stopss. Lotor looks at her and gives off a slight appreciative smile that hopefully only she can see. Chills run their course through her. No, why would i feel anything like this towards him anyway. No, she tells herself. But the chills continue to run through her.

The leaders nod and they talk about what Lotor has done and will possibly do. Eventually, they all come to an agreement. Lotor is to be trusted, so they should feel free to make any ties with him.