Chapter 2- A Walk in the Woods

I have just made some edits to the chapter before this one. There are some new details in it and they are very important to the rest of the book; I would suggest rereading that chapter. Also, I have changed Charlie's name into Anthem. Oh, and in case you didn't notice, I also changed the title of this story from 'Catlike Reflexes', to 'Caged'.

I hope you enjoy this chapter!

A big thank you to @boundariess  for this wonderful cover!

Don't forget to Comment, Vote, and Fan if you are enjoying the story!

-Kellsie

***

Chapter 2- A walk in the woods

                After twenty minutes of trying to make Mary comfortable until the professional came and relieved me of the hard work of helping someone give child birth. Before the doctor came I either on my feet getting things that Mary needed, or letting her cut off circulation in my hand while she went through painful contractions over and over again. Needless to say, I was exhausted. If I was exhausted, I could only imagine how Mary was feeling since she was the one actually giving birth.

                During the time Mary was giving birth, I decided that I would leave the room and just wait outside the door with a book, so I didn't have to see anything that was happening. Though Mary is my best friend, she gets a little cranky when she is in pain. She also tends to yell at the innocent and be slightly bipolar.

''What do you think you're doing?'' Mary yelled at Arron.

"Getting you water?' Arron asked unsurely.

"Did I say I wanted water? No? Just get over here"

"Actually, you did-"

"Ah!" Mary screamed again. "I don't care what I said before, just get back over here and give me your hand!"

Suddenly, she would go from screaming at Arron, to expressing her love to him.

"Did I ever tell you how much I love you today?" Mary asked Arron in a soft voice. I peaked in the door, curious to if she was really talking so calmly while she was giving birth.

"No," Arron answered cautiously, letting go of her hand and backing away from her slowly. I'm guessing he was probably worried that she would turn around and snap at him.

"Stop backing away from me, I'm trying to love you." She said calmly. Arron gulped and moved back beside Mary. Everyone that knows Marry knows she is never calm, unless she was going to explode with anger the next minute. I quickly shut the door in time for Mary to start yelling again.

After three hours of listening to Mary screaming, yelling, and showing her unconditional love for everyone. I finally heard crying that didn't belong to Mary.

I entered the room to see Aaron smiling at face surrounded by a fuzzy pink blanket. Mary started to sit up to try and see her new born baby. I quickly rushed over to help her sit up. She sent me a grateful smile and held out her hands for Aaron to hand her the newborn child. I silently watched as both Aaron and Mary cooed at their baby and kissed her face. Feeling that I was intruding on a private moment, I quietly walked out of the room. I could see the baby later, right now, it was best for them to bond with their baby. I walked out the door and started to take the forest path to my house.

I have always wanted to find a mate and to start a family like Mary and Aaron are doing. Usually, around the age of eighteen, an unmated female or male can choose to leave their clan for a while, and to visit the other calms in search for a mate. I have always dreamed about having a mate, but after my parents and brother were killed and taken, I never had the chance because I was too busy with my clan duties.

Finding your mate is completely different then all those books want you to think. When you look into your mates eyes, you don't automatically fall in love with them. There are no fireworks and sparks when you touch. All you feel is an attraction. There is not specific one person chosen for you to be your mate. Usually, your inner Feline will look at all the choices and pick which male will be the best for you.

Your feline will pick a male that can take care of you, and protect you. Once your feline choses a mate, it will refuse to be with anyone else. Your feline will only move on once your mate dies, but sometimes even then it still won't move on. After you meet and you feline choses a mate, it's up to you to get to know them and fall in love with them.

I was so deep in thought that I didn't notice that I was surrounded. I only noticed that I was surrounded by hunters when I heard the familiar clicking sound of a gun being readied to fire. I quickly turned around to face my assailants. There were about twenty of them surrounding me, all with guns ready to fire. There were no way I was going to be able to take down all the hunters, but, I wasn't going to go down without a fight. I quickly shifted and began to run a hunter.

I grabbed one of the hunters arm and flung him into the tree where he fell unconscious. I ran to the next hunter, tackling him to the ground and ripping his thought out. I got off the hunter and looked around for the hunter that was in command of this particular squad. I searched for the leaders stopping when I found him. He was standing away from the rest of the hunters who were running at me with guns. I was tackled by several hunters, but shock them off. The leader was smirking, but the smirk immediately fell off his face as I started to run at him.

I was shot with several sleeping darts as I ran at him before I started to feel tired. I leaped up and slammed my body into the hunter, taking him to the ground. I bit into his neck, locking my jaw as I shook my head back and forth. The hunter started gasping for air and trying to push me off of him. I heard yelling as the other hunters pulled me off of their leader. I struggled to stay awake as one of the hunters rushed to their leader and held their hands around his neck, trying to stop the blood form pooling out.

Satisfied that I took out enough of the hunters, I let my eyes fall and fell into total darkness.