Oof

Ok so this is that controversial picture from before I have the sketch and the watercolor for your viewing pleasure. Along with the story.

First pictures.
Sketch

Sorry for the bad lighting, it's night and I don't have no good lighting for this other than daylight

I will admit it's not one of my better drawing, the anatomy is off in many places and I was lazy and didn't draw the other eye, but I will  say that's does have some rather good shading.

Now the water color.

JUST WAIT BEFORE YOU COMMENT PLEASE READ THE STORY IT WILL EXPLAIN EVERYTHING

Now I'm going to start out saying that I'm not trying to make excuses and I would never intentionally white wash a character.

Formal statement aside this an explanation.
So before this piece I had just went to Michael's and art supply store. I had gotten a white pen (for hi lights it quite useful) paint brushes and brand new watercolor paints. The type of paint I got it definitely more difficult to use than other types . It's in a tube in paste instead of a pan dry. And during the project I had issues with saturation some places being too dark and some places too dark.  So when it came to the skin tone I was VERY hesitant. I was also unsure if the pen I was using would hold under all the water i was using (some pens run and it's quite annoying) Anyway , I painted a layer over the face and exposed skin afraid to add weird spots (from when you first lay down the color) or over saturate the piece so I left it be.

One thing about me you should know is that I don't like to publish my art because I feel like I should finish it which includes inking it in and I am terrified that I will mess it up because I have before. So my choice to watercolor this was A. because I really wanted to use my new art supplies and B. was because I was genuinely proud of the drawing.

Now I consider this finished I like how it turned out and I can't see anything to add to it, i would like to change a lot of things as of digging it up but I can't do anything other than re draw it.

Back to the explanation

I finished the piece and after a while saw a post in Instagram decided to send it to a user in Instagram that publishes Klance and Voltron fan art on their account (with permission of course and they also credit the artist) 
The put up the piece and I checked back to see how it was doing and saw the shit storm of comments saying that I white washed the character and all manner of that kinda stuff. I ended up explaining my self on a post and I bet no one read it so . One comment said something similar to " THE PERSON BETTER CHANGE THIS OR ELSE IM GOING TO FIGHT YOU" or something to that manner.
I felt so bad because all I wanted to do was show off  my love for the character through my art. But the comments made me feel hate and ashamed for something I was once so proud of.  It gave me so much anxiety I ended up working it out with my therapist and that's why I'm really iffy on it. As of writing this I spent like two hours scrolling to the end of an Instagram profile (I am quite proud of actually making to the end) I saw that the user took down the picture probably from the comments and that kinda stuff . I am actually quite happy about that if it was still up I would have probably messaged the person asking them to take it down.
After a long talk with my therapist I have decided to not change it. One it is my own art and i have all the right to represent things in my own way ( not saying I would do anything like that again but more like it's my art and I have the right to do with it what I like) Two that I haven't actually tried to come back to a watercolor months after completion and painted over it so I'm not sure what the effect would be and three I am honestly terrified to go back and mess up something that I am relatively happy. I was also thinking that more color may cover up the blushing I did that I'm happy with.

So that is my story and I hope you don't hate me for it because I didn't intentionally white wash Allura and I would never purposely do that to any character or person . I'm sorry to the people I offended with it.

Damn this is long . I'm sorry if you read all of this and expected something about Dirty Laundry. The story is over and this kinda my own fan art ending part kinda.