Chapter 15

Hayley's first thought when she walked into Ryan's house... Nothing. She couldn't think of anything to describe how grand it looked from the inside. If it looked big on the outside, it looked MUCH bigger inside.

Ryan turned Hayley to the right. She passed beautiful paintings on the walls until Ryan led them to the dining hall.

The large oak table had four people sitting and talking around it. Hayley recognized Mr. Smith, with a different suede suit than last time. There were three others though. Another guy, who looked in his late 30s, early 40s, and two blonde ladies, both in their early to mid 30s.

"Mom, Dad, Hayley and Mr. Williams are here," Ryan spoke out, interrupting the Blonde ladies' conversation.

"Arthur! I'm glad you could join us," Mr. Smith shook Hayley's Dad's hand.

"I'm glad you could come too, Hayley," Mr. Smith said to Hayley

"Please, be seated," The guy at the table said and gestured  to the open chairs.

Mr. Smith sat at the end of the table. On his left, Mr. Williams, Hayley and Ryan sat. To his right, The two blondes and the guy.

Later, Ryan introduced the blonde closest to his dad as his mom, then the other blonde was her twin sister, and the man his uncle.

Ryan's mom didn't give so much as a glance to Hayley. She didn't even care to say hi. Yet the other blonde, Ryan's aunt Stacy, she seemed thrilled that Hayley was here. Ryan's uncle, Tom, even exchanged some words with Hayley, but Mrs. Smith didn't at all.

What's her problem? Hayley thought.

Ryan seemed to notice this as well. He kept glaring at his mom, but she didn't want to look Hayley's way. His fist clenched.

"Are you okay?" Hayley whispered as she held Ryan's clenched fist, trying to calm him down.

 Ryan didn't answer.

"It's fine Ryan," Hayley said.

"No it's not," he muttered to himself. His mom could be a jerk if she wished. He couldn't let her say anything to Hayley. The socially rascist b****. She wouldn't even look at Hayley since she was practically poor! There was a reason why she didn't come to Hayley's dinner that one day...

Two young ladies, maids, came in.

Holy crap they even have maids! Hayley thought.

They set  dinner on the table. Salad, many dressings, chicken fettuccine Alfredo, and dinner rolls.

It looked like a home Italian cooked meal, like something you'd get from Olive Garden.

Once everyone had their share of food on their plate, and ate some, conversations started up again.