Prologue

I don't scream,

I don't talk...

I can't talk...

I can't anymore, I don't know how. My whole life felt as if I shut myself off from everything, I try to break myself free, but I can't. I couldn't remember my family, I've been an orphan my whole life ever since I came to the orphanage, no one would bother me in there, they say I have a problem, I try to tell them that I can see those things that keep following me.

They haunt me.

Everybody doesn't care, they just think I have a problem because they can't see them. I wondered as well if I really have a problem, so I didn't try to tell them anymore, I just let those things follow me.

I've been treated this way for a long time, no family would want me, they just pass by and wouldn't even give a chance to look at me, though maybe some would but those things are always behind them and I chose not to be with them. I lived like this till 18 and got kicked out of the orphanage, I was kind of glad that I'm now allowed to live by myself, but I'd often remember that those things would always follow me.

I couldn't sleep well all the time, the things would always sleep by my bed. I would always run away to some places where the things are not here or far away from me. I guess you can say that I've been running my whole life, until I suddenly bumped into a person.

I looked behind and bowed in apology seeing as how I can't speak, I got back in phase and tried running away again until that person caught my hand, catching my attention.

"If you would get a chance to be bought by someone to be in a home you wanted, would you accept it?" Those words were somehow peculiar for a person that you don't know to answer-- yet it made me want to answer back. The guy still held my arm as I stared back. There was a short pause until I gave a nod, indicating a yes.

I wouldn't care if that person he's talking about would try and harm me, I just wanted to have a home that would accept a person like me and keep me away from the things that keep on following me.

I accepted his offer and left with him, I know that people say that "Following strangers is not good"; but I'm desperate to find a home, and I'm really going to find that home that I've always wanted to find.