The Game of Friendship

Author: princessofmayhem

Genre: Romance

What I liked about this book:

Jei has the potential to be an interesting character. She lives with her uncle, her parents seem to be gone, she's very good at martial arts, and she's extremely quiet and keeps to herself. This could be a fantastic character in a coming of age tale.

What I did NOT like about this book:

I feel like I just read Ouran high school host club, only like 10,000 times more shitty, which is impressive. Jei has martial arts skills but never gets to use them apart from when she initially saves the three boys. She gets stabbed and then doesn't go to the hospital, passes out several times, and in general just needs everyone around her to baby her.

The way these five men treat her--PARTICULARLY Dante--is possessive, creepy, and has that flavor of assault that just turns my stomach. He entices her to go to a party, except she actually doesn't have a choice. He then has her try on a dress against her will, buys it for her against her will, and takes her to a hair salon where her hair is cut EVEN AFTER it's clear she does not want it to be.

Creepy. Creepy creepy creepy. Hate.

Overall:

Bad and offensive

Rating:

3/10 but take two off because of how squicky the subject matter is. It also appears my internet connection butchered this review for me so here's the updated version.