0.1

K E N Z I E
stressed.

if someone were to ask me how i was currently feeling, i would reply with stressed.

why, you may ask? well, i'm a 23 year old woman studying for her masters degree. and it's harder than you think. but, working in the medical field has always been a dream of mine. before my dad left when i was 14, he would always tell me that my dreams form me as a person. and that i should accomplish them to become a better person. i want to become a better person.

i let out a prolonged groan in frustration. none of this makes sense! i need to pass this damn test, and even though it's in a month, i have to start studying early.

like i said, it's harder than you think.

what if i went into a fine arts field like maddie? would that be easier?

no, mackenzie. stop thinking that. becoming a doctor has always been a dream of yours.

i hear my phone begin to ring, shaking me out of my thoughts. expecting it to be my mother just checking in, i don't bother to check the caller I.D.

"mackenzie! thank god you answered! how are you?" is that annie? we haven't talked in five years. wonder why she's calling me.

"annie?" i question through the phone.

"yep! that's me! annie leblanc! how are you, mackenzie?" she asks me.

"uh... g-good. how are you?" i say to my best friend from high school, still confused as to why she called me.

"i'm doing good. mackenzie-"

"please, i prefer kenzie." i say.

"of course! kenzie, i'm going on a trip to india with a few friends, you should remember them. lauren orlando, johnny orlando, and hayden summerall? it's a three week trip. we were wondering if you wanted to come along. so, you know, our old friend group could catch up?" she explains through the phone.

"um, i'm kind of busy with school..." i try to get myself out of it. i don't know why, i just feel like something will happen if i go.

"come on, kenzie! it'll be fun. you must be needing a break from school anyways!" annie continues to try and persuade me to go.

well, i actually do need a break from school. i need a break from all of the headaches caused by stress and the tears due to frustration.

"you know what? i'll go! when's the flight?" i agree.

"perfect! the flight is next tuesday, so in exactly a week!" she exclaims.

"okay, i'll be ready. text me the plans?" i request to annie.

"of course! bye, kenzie! see you in a week!" she squeals before hanging up.

annie has created a group chat with kenz, john, lolo, and hayden.

annie has named the group: india friends💫🇮🇳

annie: hey guys! kenzie agreed to join the trip!
lolo: yay! hi kenzie!
kenz: lauren! hey!
john: hi kenzie! remember me?
kenz: of course, how could i ever forget juanny?
john: why the nickname?
hayden: hey kenzie!
kenz: hayden! long time no see- well text!
hayden: long time indeed!
kenz: how is everyone?
lolo: we're good! annie and hayden are still together, and they live together. and john and i live together. how about you?
kenz: well my life is pretty boring, i live alone and i'm studying to get my masters degree. i'm in the medical field
john: well it won't be boring after this trip!

~

580 words.

hello! welcome to my new book, rekindled! it's totally inspired by the 2013 indian movie, yeh jawaani hai deewani!

i decided to make them go on a trip to india because my family is from there and that's the country that i know the most about when it comes to culture.

this book is FICTION. it is not true (though i wish it was lmao) all of the main characters are 22-23 except lauren. lauren is 21.

but i hope you enjoy this book! thanks for reading it!

-kay