authors note: something i would like y'all to know about me

hi! so before i begin this authors note, i kindly ask you guys that if you have anything rude or offensive to say, please don't say it at all. i decided to make this chapter because i have the confidence to right now. i don't want a stupid hate comment to bring me down. i may be losing views or votes and comments all because of who i am, but guess what? i don't care. because this is who i am and i want you guys to know this about me. i'm no longer afraid of who i am, i'm proud of who i am.

i am a panromantic girl who suffers from depression and anxiety. if you've seen any of my activity here on wattpad, you will notice that i strongly support the lgbtq+ community (lesbian, gay, bisexual, questioning/queer community) well what you might not know is that i'm part of the community. i also get very excited when a book includes any mental health topics, because believe it or not, that's pretty uncommon in the fandom.

here, let me explain who i am a bit more:

i was born as a girl and identity as a girl, meaning that i am a cisgendered female. the majority of my readers are cisgendered as far as i am aware. what you might now know about the world is that there are more than two genders. there are two sexes: female and male. your sex is what you were assigned at birth. you're gender is what you identify as. if you don't identify as the sex that you were assigned with at birth, that makes you non binary or gender queer. being panromantic, i have a romantic interest in people of all kinds of genders, including non binary genders and both sexes! i hope this makes sense, if it doesn't then maybe try to do a little research. learning about a topic like this is great!

i hope that doesn't change the way you think of me. i'm still kay. i have always been kay. being panromantic doesn't change me, because i was born as panromantic.

now onto my mental health. like i mentioned before, i suffer from both depression and anxiety. please, don't treat me any differently. that's one thing that i hate: when i tell people that i have depression and anxiety, they treat me like i am a little baby. yes, my mental health strongly affects my life, but i don't need to be treated like a baby. yes, i am getting help for my mental health. i go to therapy every two weeks. and yes, i have been diagnosed with both of these.

i hope that these facts about me don't change the way you think of me. because guess what, when i started writing this book and when i first made this wattpad account, i had already figured out that i'm panromantic and i already had known that i have depression and anxiety.

as for how this takes place in my life, only my two older sisters know that i am panromantic in my family. my whole grade is aware and i haven't had any form of homophobia directed at me. yeah, probably behind my back, but definitely not to my face. i am currently in a relationship with someone who identifies as a non binary gender. my parents don't know that i am panromantic. but my whole family knows about my mental health and so do my close friends. but only my closest friends. and also most of my internet friends. i decided to let this out on wattpad because this is kind of where i go to find people who can relate to me or who understand me. writing and reading have both always been passions of mine.

please, if you are confused about your identity or who you are, please know that you will figure it out in no time. it may be hard and frustrating. there may be tears and cries for help, but trust me. it gets better. and if your mental health has been unbalanced or in a bad state recently, please try and get help. it's worth it.

SUICIDE PREVENTION HOTLINE : 1800 273 8255

please call the number above if you are in any sort of crisis.

i truly care for you all. thank you so much for the support that you have given me in the past. i love you all.

-kay : )