Part 3 - I changed my mind.

Betty's POV ~

I still can't believe Jughead wasn't mad at me for kissing him. I would have been if it was unexpected. To say I was confused was an understatement. What were we? Friends. Dating. A one time Kiss? I guess only Jughead and I could figure that out together. I did want to be more than friends but I don't know how to make it happen. Maybe he felt the same way, I mean he didn't pull away or push me to the ground like I had expected him to. That was a good thing, Right? Yes I decided to go with, Yes it was a great thing.

PING PING.

Jughead: Did you get home okay? It's been a while and I haven't heard from you.

Betty: Hi, sorry yes I'm fine. Had to go through the "where have you been young lady!" Talk with mother however I'm fine, nothing I can't handle. How are you? Did you get home Okay? How's your father, is he getting better?

Oh god. Even through text I ramble. I still sent it though. I have no idea what I'm doing!

I put my phone down but I could hear my parents arguing yet again. Lately they had been doing a lot of arguing. Especially since Hermione Lodge bought the Riverdale Register. My stupid father sold it to her so he could divorce my mother with the money he got from it. My idiot mother believed him when he said he loved her and would never leave becuase, "she was a god to him." At least that's what Polly would tell me. I pick my phone up again, since Veronica bought me unlimited songs on Apple Music for my birthday, I put my earphones in and clicked play on my songs. Blocking out the fake love between my parents.
Jughead: God. That's a lot to write in a message. Are you nervous? I can tell your rambling. I'm fine and my dad Isn't home, probably at the whyteworm. Like always. How's your parents holding up but most importantly how are you holding up after your sister got sick?

To be honest I had completely forgot about Polly today. It was nice to forget my demons but I did need to call Polly again.
Betty: How could you tell I was rambling? I hadn't even realised. Yes and No to the nervous question. I'm just worried if I did the wrong thing by kissing you? Was it okay for me to do that... I didn't even ask. I'm sorry.

Thank God I asked otherwise I probably would have spiralled. Over thought the entire situation and ended with me crying or digging my nails into my palm. A disgusting habit I'm stuck in.
Jughead: If it's any consolation, I didn't think It's was the wrong idea. I enjoyed it. If I'm honest I had been dreaming of that moment for a while now. 

What a relief. Jughead Jones. Had been dreaming of me kissing him? Did he like me. This is so confusing! I need sleep it's the only thing that may keep me sane. I'm totally pooped.

Jughead sat in the corner of his Tree house. "Tea's ready Juggy." I said. He looked up from his book and laughed. "I care why? I'm reading and you are sooooo rude to interrupt me. Gosh..." Jug replied sarcasticlly and I laughed at him. "I am, Very! Polite. Now your mother said get down there before she comes up to eat you."  I smile and he stands up. "Shorty." Jug said as he was slightly taller then me. "Hey! You just turned 9! I'm still 8. I will grow!" Being short was my weakness. It just made me so mad. I swatted his arm and remember Archie climb into the tree house. My heart leaping as even at a young age I loved Archie. As more then a friend, he even said he would marry me when we were older.

Jughead was never more than a friend to me that was until a couple of months ago when his eyes weren't just green they were grass green and I could stare into them forever. It was so lucky Archie didn't feel the same way I had. I guess you could say that particular ginger was no longer the light and Jughead was no longer just Archie's shadow.

I changed my mind.