Chapter 4

Rogue woke up to the sound of someone shouting and ran down the hall to Logan’s room, when she opened the door he was thrashing around in his bed and yelling about someone dying.

            “Logan wake up its only a dream!” She shouted.

            He opened his eyes and made his claws come out, three of them going through her abdomen, Rogue let out a gasp of pain and he made them retract in horror of what he just did.

            “Rogue… I’m sorry!” Logan said starting to panic.

            Rogue just looked at him and put her hand, which for once didn’t have a glove on it, onto his face. Logan immediately felt pain go through his body and felt himself passing out, the others ran in when they heard his screaming again and Rogue dropped her hand.

            “I didn’t…” Rogue trailed off as they just walked passed her and picked up Logan's unconscious body, she ran out of the room before they noticed her and back into her room.

            Logan woke up back in the medical ward a few hours later and groaned before sitting up, “What did she do to me?”

            “Whenever Rogue touches someone, she takes their energy: their life force. In the case of mutants, she absorbs their gift for a short while; in your case your ability to heal.” Professor X explained.

            “Felt like she killed me…”

            “If she had held on any longer, she could have.”

            “Where is she now? Is she okay?” Logan asked as he remembered the stab wound he gave her.

            “She was healed with your power, as for where she is… well the others are looking for her.”

            “What do you mean looking for her?”

            “She ran away.”

            Logan jumped up and ran to find the others, he found Storm and Cyclops first as they were walking to meet the others. Cyclops glared at him but didn’t stop Logan from following them to where Jean, Paiton, and Alex were.

            “Any sign of Rogue?” Storm asked.

            “Not yet.” Jean replied.

            “Keep looking.”

            Logan watched the screens a few minutes later before starting to walk out the door, they followed him out and Professor X saw him leaving and wheeled over.

            “Where are you going?”

            “To find her.” Logan replied not looking back.

            “How? We have cameras searching right now.” Storm reminded him.

            “The traditional way, look.”

            They watched him leave before glancing at each other.

            “Should we go after him?” Alex asked.

            “No, but we should help look, the cameras might not pick up everything.” Paiton replied.

            “Fine…” Cyclops groaned. “Just so long as we don’t actually have to look with him.”

            “I think he’s too far away for that anyway.” Charles cleared his throat and they heard the sound of a motorcycle.

            “He didn’t…” Cyclops ran out towards the garage. “When I find Logan I’m going to kill him!”

            “Scott calm down, Logan will bring it back.” Jean told him.

            Alex rolled his eyes and walked over to his car, “Are we going to stay here or actually help look?”

            “This is your car?” Paiton exclaimed. “Professor Xavier told us to keep a low profile!”

            “You know I don’t like following all the rules now get in.”

            Cyclops, Storm, and Paiton got into his car while Jean stayed behind to check on the cameras. Alex floored it as soon as they reached the road and Paiton looked out the window to see the world blur by them, the other two, who were in the back seat, looked like they were going to be sick but didn’t tell Alex to slow down. Half way to the nearest city Storm received a call from Logan.

            “Hello?” She asked.

            “Storm… I have Rogue.” There was a large crash in the background. “We’re under attack… Sabertooth and Toad are attacking the train station!”

            Storm was about to reply but the phone hung up. “Havok take us to the train station and prepare for a fight.”

            “On it."