Chapter 7

“All right, we can insert here at George Washington Bridge, come around the bank just off of Manhattan, land on the far side of Liberty Island, here.” Cyclops told them as he pointed to a holographic map.

            “What about harbor patrol? Radar?” Wolverine asked.

            “If they have anything that can pick up our jet they deserve to catch us.”

            “What about when we land? Magneto will have guards.” Paiton said.

            “Well then… guess we just get to fight are way through.” Cyclops smirked.

            “Brilliant plan brother.” Havok sneered. “Are you planning to get killed?”

            “No, but do you have a better idea?”

            Havok went silent and sat back down, he looked out the window and saw they were over the water, soon the Liberty statue came into view and Cyclops started to land the plane. It came to a sudden stop as it him the ground jarring everyone on board.

            “Sorry.” Cyclops called back to them.

            “You call that a landing?” Wolverine growled.

            Jean led the way out and they looked up, at the very top of the statue was a metal ring, it was hard to see from below, but they could just make out a human outline attach to it and another standing by the machine. Cyclops led them inside cautiously, they didn’t see anything move in the shadows but Wolverine smelled the air.

            “There’s someone in here.” He commented.

            “Where?” Cyclops asked.

            “I don’t know, keep your eyes open.”

            They continued to walk forward cautiously before hearing someone run into something, looking around they saw Paiton was missing, on the floor where she used to be was a mini figure of the Statue of Liberty. Wolverine heard a growl and turned to see Sabertooth running at them, he made his claws come out and intercepted his attack, Mystique and Toad showed up as well and split them up to fight, Cyclops got stuck with Mystique, Storm had Toad, and Havok ran off to find Paiton.  

            Storm followed Toad as he led her higher up, behind her she could hear the other two fighting but was distracted by her own opponent kicking her into a wall. Toad used his tongue to grab a statue from the gift shop and threw it at her, Storm dodged and tried to shock him but her attack missed. Toad climbed onto the ceiling and hit her into the window, she managed to stay inside but Toad didn’t give her a chance to fully regain her balance before he pushed her out.

            “Good riddance.” Toad laughed.

            A few moments later the elevator door dinged and he turned around to see Storm float out while electricity flowed around her.

            “Don’t you people ever die?” He shouted.

            “Do you know what happens when a Toad gets struck by lightning?” Storm grinned. “The same thing that happens to everything else!”

            Storm turned to see Cyclops running up another set of stairs while Wolverine battled Mystique, she changed into Wolverine and forced him to fight in another room, Storm was about to follow Cyclops when she realized something, Sabertooth hadn’t been fighting ether of her friends. The next thing Storm knew, she was slammed into the wall and Sabertooth had a hand around her throat.