Draco Malfoy Imagine- Promise?

*I DON'T OWN ANY GIFS POSTED* *CREDIT TO GIF OWNERS*

Alright, here it is, my very first Harry Potter Fandom imagine! I've really been wanting to write this, so I hope it came out alright. Let me know what you all think! Remember, if you want to request anything, please please please send them in. I love writing for my followers and readers!! Anyway, I hope you all enjoy this imagine! Xx.

Pairing: Draco Malfoy x Reader

Warnings: None

Note: Just in case y'all don't know, Y/N means "Your name", Y/BF/N means "Your best friend's name", and Y/L/N means "Your last name". Enjoy!

You stared blankly at your desk as Professor Snape droned on about a new potion. A quiet sigh of annoyance escaped your lips as you impatiently waited for him to release your class. Although, potions was your least favorite class, you just simply couldn't wait to get the day over with. The end of the day meant you were finally able to see your boyfriend of two years. Because you were in Ravenclaw the two of you didn't share any classes. The only time you were granted with his presence was meal times and the occasional smile if he passed you in the halls. Your heart fluttered at the thought.

The two of you started dating in your fourth year. It was something that sent the entire school into a tizzy. No one expected it to happen. The quiet Ravenclaw girl, out of everyone in the school, was the girl who stole the Slytherin prince's heart. Although everyone expected your relationship to fail, you and Draco were determined to prove them wrong... and you did. Two years passed and the two of you were still going strong, that was until recently. You suspected something wasn't right when you didn't hear anything from your boyfriend all summer, but your suspicions were confirmed when he began to completely avoid you at school. Although you tried not to think irrationally, worry still hung heavy on your shoulders.

Professor Snape finally dismissed your class for the day and, without even waiting for your best friend, you quickly gathered your belongings and headed to the Great Hall. You barreled into the open room and found your seat at your table before allowing your eyes to wander. Through the rolling sea of Hogwarts students, your eyes finally landed on a familiar head of platinum blonde hair. Although you tried to control yourself, you couldn't help the butterflies that erupted in your stomach. However, your elated feeling soon disappeared when you saw his hunched over figure. Instead of comically conversing with his fellow Slytherins, Draco was silent with his head resting in his hand. You let out a huff as your best friend plopped down next to you. Her eyes traveled to where you were staring before giving you a sympathetic look. "He still hasn't said anything to you?" She asked empathetically. You reluctantly tore your eyes from Draco's sad figure to look at your best friend. You sighed, "He's been avoiding me since we got back. I didn't hear from him all summer and now he can't even look at me. I don't know what to think Y/BF/N. I'm trying not to worry, but it's kind of hard not to." Y/BF/N gently placed her hand on your shoulder, "Y/N, why don't you just try and talk to him? I mean, he is your boyfriend." You looked back over to your estranged boyfriend as he stood to leave and let out a breath before looking back to Y/BF/N. "Fine." You said and stood up. She gave you a reassuring thumbs up as you began to make your way to Draco's fleeting figure.

Draco was already halfway down the hall by the time you caught up to him. "Draco." You said a little out of breath. He jumped at the sound of his name before turning to see who said it. When he turned to see it was you, the color in his face drained. Up close, you could see the dark circles forming under his eyes. You noticed the anxiety playing plainly on his face as you looked at him. He kept his eyes down as he spoke. "W-what do you want?" He stuttered out. Your chest tightened at the lack of endearment in his voice, but you brushed it off. "I haven't heard from you all summer and you've been avoiding me since we got back. I just want to know what's going on. You look a little stressed, are you alright?" You said quietly trying to make eye contact with him. Draco ran his hand through his hair nervously, "I-I'm fine." You narrowed your eyes at the terrible lie. "Draco," you said taking a step closer to him, "we've been dating for two years, don't you think I can tell when you're lying to me? I know something is bothering you." Draco's eyes were looking anywhere but yours as he fidgeted with the cuff of his long sleeve shirt. You reached out to take his hand, but he quickly pulled away. Your eyes widened at the hostile gesture, "Draco! What's going on with you?" He let out a low grunt and shuffled his feet before his eyes finally met yours. "I think we should break up." He quickly spilled. Your mouth fell slightly agape at his words and you felt your whole world shatter. "W-what do you mean?" You asked still in shock from the first blow. Sadness blanketed Draco, "I don't think we should be together anymore Y/N. This relationship, it's...it just isn't going to work." Tears you couldn't hold back began to slowly fall down your cheeks, "But, Draco." His eyes began to water as he watched you fall apart in front of him. He could feel his heart breaking inside his chest at the sight of you crying and, even worse, because of him. He let out a quiet whimper, "Y/N, please don't make this harder on me than it already is." You hiccupped, "But I love you." Draco shut his eyes tightly at those three words, but, instead of saying them back like he used to, he quickly turned around and took off down the hall leaving you alone. You stood frozen in place as you watched him disappear, your heart slowly disintegrating into nothing.