3

Ailani woke with a start five hours later.

Ultra Magnus still had her in his palm and had watched over her without complaint while she recharged, having to suppress a laugh at seeing her so disheveled.

Her black hair was a tangled mess on the side where she had been laying, and she had indents from his metal servo pressed against her cheek. She looked around frantically and up to the mech, leading Magnus to believe that she forgot where she was.

"I thought you were a dream," she laughed sleepily, resting her elbows on her knees as she rubbed her eyes. "I'm almost sad you weren't."

At that, Magnus frowned and all the cuteness he observed over the last few hours dissipated, leaving Ailani as the arrogant fleshy he thought her to be previously. Ailani, after taking notice of his offended expression, laughed and got to her feet.

"It's a joke, Peterbilt," she explained and Magnus' faceplate softened. "You gotta loosen up."

"I will do no such thing." The mech retorted sourly, flicking his optics away from her as he lifted the human back up to his side.

"I don't mean literally," Ailani clarified, continuing the work she had fallen asleep doing. "You're too professional even when you've got no one in this warehouse to lead."

"I've got you, don't I?"

Ailani scoffed. "Did our whole conversation last night completely go over your head?"

Magnus grumbled at the recollection and a five minute long silence ensued.

"I'm nearly finished," Ailani spoke up again, triumph in her voice. "It should only take another hour to completely seal you up."

Magnus, unexpectedly, didn't fancy the idea of leaving the human in such a short time. Despite her assertiveness, he had grown to find her sarcasm and music taste charming.

"But," Ailani continued, pulling away from his side. "I have to go shower. It's been literal days and I don't think energon is a good exfoliation treatment."

Without a word, Magnus lowered his servo and allowed Ailani to jump down to the ground below, keeping her equipment safe in his hand.

"Uh.. take your time." He told her unsurely, yet his request was serious.

Ailani turned over her shoulder and smiled goofily at him before gently closing the warehouse doors behind her.

The human proceeded to run toward her shop, scoop up the gloves she had thrown to the side the night prior, and slipped inside. She tossed the soiled gloves onto the workbench and traveled across the workshop toward a door on the right side, of which led to the upstairs studio Alani lived in.

She was quick to grab a change of clothes — which consisted of a new tank top and shorts — and jumped into the shower. It was the quickest, yet most refreshing wash she ever had in her life, and when that was done and dusted Ailani snagged a piece of baguette from the counter in her kitchen and sprinted out of the workshop.

As she walked back to the warehouse, Ailani stuck her bread in her mouth, tied up her wet hair, and shoved her fingers through a fresh pair of working gloves. Whilst taking a bite out of the bread, she pulled open the warehouse doors and shut them swiftly behind her again.

Magnus looked down at her immediately, and upon sending down his servo, Ailani sat on the edge of one of his digits to finish off the last of her quick breakfast.

"So," she began, dusting the crumbs off her hands and tank top. "What's the plan when I'm finished?"

"The plan?"