Chapter 2

Dean packed up his backpack and slung it lazily over his shoulder.

“C’mon Sammy, school’s starting. Let’s go.” Dean said, calling up the stairs.

“I thought Dad was gonna take me to school today.” Sam replied.

“Dad’s busy with some business thing, he got held up. Grab your bike, big bro’s gonna ride with you.” Dean smiled.

“You are so lame.” Sam joked, walking down the stars.

The two pulled the bikes out of their garage and began going to Sam’s middle school. By the time they got there, Dean was already late so he decided to take his time. By the time he had reached his school, his first period was already finishing. He checked into the attendance office and began making his way to his second period. He walked through the noisy hallways until he noticed Castiel, walking alone to his next class. He saw his opportunity and he grabbed it.

“Hey, hold up!” Dean called, jogging towards him.

Castiel looked around, expecting Dean to be calling one of his friends, only to notice him running towards him.

“You’re Castiel, right?” Dean asked.

“Um, yeah. Thanks for helping me find my book yesterday, by the way. I don’t know what I would’ve done if I lost it.” Castiel said, awkwardly. He hugged his book closer to his body, as if it would cover him up.

“Look, I was wondering, do you want to sit together at lunch today? My friends are all absent and I thought that you were pretty cool.” Dean smiled.

I gotta sell it. I don’t even know if Benny’s here today and I doubt that the football team is really gonna care if I don’t sit with them for one day.

“I, uh.” Castiel blushed, “Sure, I guess.”

“Cool. Meet you at room 54?” Dean asked. Room 54 was the abandoned art room that was always kept locked up.

“Yah, I’ll..see you there.” Castiel agreed. He brought his notebook close to his face and he walked briskly to his next class.

Phase one, complete.

Dean lulled through his next classes. Benny would constantly ask him what was wrong only for Dean to swat the question away.

What, now I can’t be bored? Jeez, Ben, calm down.

Lunch period finally crawled by and Dean jumped out of his seat, anxious to get his hands on the notebook, eager to find out the name of the mystery man that Castiel wrote about.

God, Castiel is such a long name. Cas. Cas fits him and it rolls off the tongue. Perfect.

Dean rested against a door with the number 54 inscribed onto a plaque that was glued to it. He eagerly checked his watch, waiting for Cas to walk by.

Finally he heard footsteps growing louder by his side. Castiel ran up, panting, “Sorry, I...couldn’t find...the room.”

“It’s fine, dude. Do you know what this room is?” Dean said, knocking on the door behind him. When Cas shook his head, Dean explained, “Its an art room from back when we had that elective. Its basically bolted shut.”

“Then, why are we here?” Cas asked, confused.

“We are going to break in.” Dean smirked.

“Won’t we get in trouble?” Cas pointed out, worriedly.

“I might, but that’s usual. If someone walks by, just hide, I’ll take the blame.” Dean said.

“How do we get in?”