Chapter 4

Mr. Walker glanced up to the clock, sighing in relief, “Winchester, your time is up. Gather your things and get out.”

Dean looked up to the clock next, before checking to make sure the notebook was back in his bag and walking out. Slinging his bag over his shoulder, Dean walked slowly to his bike.

I probably should tell Sam where I am. Dad would be pissed if Sam did something stupid.

Dean pulled out his phone from his jean’s pocket, finding Sam’s name in his contacts, and quickly tapping the name. He chuckled slightly at the contact picture, a picture Sam’s face squished enough to make it unrecognizable and Jessica in the background laughing.

It took a couple rings to connect but Sam eventually picked up.

/Dean! Where the hell are you?/

“Shut up, Sammy. Got detention again, It think I have a new streak.” Dean said, smiling.

/What did you do this time?/ Sam asked, expectantly.

“Went back to Charlie’s room again. Actually got caught.” Dean said, deciding not to tell Sam about Castiel.

/The art teacher?/ Sam was silent for a second. /Guess you’re gonna have to sharpen up your breaking and entering strategy./

“Guess I do. Look, are you okay? I have to make sure for Dad.” Dean said, exiting the school building.

/I’m fine, Dean. Kevin came over today so it’s not like I’m alone./ Sam said. /He says hello by the way./

“I’ll be home in like 10 minutes so don’t do anything stupid in the meantime.” Dean said, sliding onto his bike.

/Aw man, I guess we have to get the fire extinguisher./ Sam said, sarcastically before quickly hanging up.

“Sammy, don’t you fucking dare, I swear to god if anything is- hello? Hello?! Goddamnit.” Dean turned off his phone, shoving it back into his pocket. He rode his bike into the street making his way up to his house. Passing by multiple other houses and students from his school, he decided to go the other way around, keeping him away from most people, just trees and small cracks of sunlight. Dean thought it was much more peaceful.

He pulled up behind his house, unlocking the back door, parking his bike and grabbing his bag. He walked in to see Sam and Kevin sitting together, working together on some sort of project.

“Hey Sammy. Kevin.” Dean said, tipping down an imaginary hat.

“Hello Dean.” Kevin replied, politely.

“Hey.” Sam said, his voice muffled and his eyes still glued to the poster before him.

“How is it that your friend who I barely know, no offense, has more respect for me?” Dean asked before throwing down his bag.

“I happen to have gotten to know you.” Sam said, with a shrug.

Dean lazily stuck out his tongue, walking over to the two boys, “What are you guys working on?”

“History project. You have to take a small book that’s like a children’s book and use a historical figure and, like, make it so that the book is about them. Does that make sense?” Sam said, looking up.

“I mean, I guess? Whatever, how far are you two?” Dean asked, peeking over Sam’s shoulder.

“Pretty far, we should be done with it tomorrow.” Kevin interjected, putting a pen down and looking up at Dean.

“Great, glad school’s treating you well.” Dean said, smiling.

Dean’s phone started to ring, and he quickly picked it up. “Hello?”