The Freaks.

Steve leads you into the school, weaving through groups of students. He brings you to a wall of lockers.
"This one is yours. Right next to mine!" He smiles and hands you a note with the combination on it. You take it and open the locker and place your empty bookbag in.
"Why carry it around if I dont need it yet?" You say, almost sarcastically. Steve smiles then brings you to the main office and gets you your schedule.
"Huh. Looks like we have Homeroom and..." he moves his finger down the list, "lunch together! You can totally sit with me and my friends if you'd like."
You nod your head and then you both head off to homeroom. It's a boring class and you try not to doze off. But at least you know one person.

~5 minutes pass~

You almost fall asleep when the person who sits in front of you slams his bag into your desk. You quickly sit up, shocked and confused.
"Wow. Even the fresh meat is bored in this class." He sits and turns around and looks you up and down. You recognize him as the driver who almost hit you earlier.
"You dont look like a threat, but I mean it. Don't mess with me, or Max, and we will all be fine."
"Ooohhh I'm so scared." You reply, mockingly. He stares at you for a second then turns back around, mumbling to himself. You look over at Steve who is in shock. "What?"
"I would reccomend you keep your mouth shut with Billy. He's a dou--"
"WHAT WAS THAT HARRINGTON?" Billy screams, disrupting the whole class and making you jump. The teacher doesn't care and continues talking and writing on the board.
Steve rolls his eyes and looks at you. "See what I mean?"
"You-me. Quarry at 4pm tonight. I'm getting you back for that syringe." Billy demands.
"That wasn't me and you know it Billy. Not my fault your own sister hates you too-"
"STEP-sister," Billy interrupts, "and it doesn't matter. Your getting your ass kicked one way or another."
"Well that escalated quickly." You say. Billy turns to you.
"You don't know when to shut up do you." You sarcastically shake your head and he sighs and turns back around. This is going to be an interesting day....

~Another time skip. Oof~

Lunch time rolls around and you head to the cafeteria. Its loud and full of people. You stop and look for Steve but dont see him anywhere.
"Looking for someone?" You hear someone say. You turn around and see a kid with black, wavy hair. He is wearing a sweater and a girl is almost hiding behind him. She has brown curly hair, and shes wearing overalls.
"Uhm- yeah I'm looking for Steve Harrington." You say looking around the room.
"Oh, your a friend of Steve's?"
"Well, I dont kno-."
"I've never seen you around though..." he says cutting you off.
"Well that's because I'm kind new. My name is Y/N. Now, if you can just tell me where I can-"
"OH YOUR THE NEW GIRL! Well that's exciting! I'm Mike, and this is Jane!"
The girl peeks out from behind him and shyly waves her hand. You smile and wave back.
"Well Steve isn't here right now. He got called down to the office because of something that happened." Mike says. You look at him then around at the lunchroom and sigh.
"Great. Now I have nowhere to sit."
"Aw too bad." Mike says, and Jane gives him a look. Mike returns the look with an upset gesture and reluctantly says, "if you want, you can sit with us..." Jane smiles and you accept the offer. You head over to the table and everyone greets Mike and Jane.
"Who's this?" Asks a kid with a white and blue hat on.
"This is Y/N. She's new. Jane wanted her to sit with us." Mike says, "Y/N lemme introduce you to everyone. The kid in the hat is Dustin,"
"My lady." He says taking off his hat and bowing. You chuckle at this and Mike rolls his eyes.
"Yeah, yeah. That's Lucas," a kid wearing a bandana and oogling over a redheaded girl looks up and waves, "the chick hes flirting with is Max- WAIT WHO SAID YOU COULD EVEN SIT HERE?!" he says.
"Lucas said I can sit here." She replies.
"Of course he did," Mike mumbles, "Anyway the redhead is Max, the kid doodling is Will and you already know Jane." You sit down and awkwardly chuckle. You look at Will and gasp.
"Wow that's really good! You draw too?" Will looks up at you and smiles, "Yeah I do. It's just for fun though."
"What are you drawing?"
"I'm drawing my D&D character. I'm the Cleric." You look at him confused and he laughs, "Oh sorry. You don't play, do you..."
"No I don't..." you meekly respond.
"You should join us some time! Its really fun!"
"NO!" Mike yells. Everyone at the table freezes and looks at him. "We already have everyone in our party. We even have a damn Zoomer. We don't need anyone else." Will sighs and writes on the corner of his drawing.

Just ignore him. He's been in a bad mood lately and is very protective of the party. If you want to join us, you can.

You smile and nod. You look around at the table. Everyone knows eachother for what seems like a while. You stick out like a sore thumb. Your just thankful that even one person has accepted you into this "party".

AUTHORS NOTES:
Soooooo not sure if you guys like this or if it's too rushed. Let me know and dont ne afraid to point out any spelling or grammar mistakes because I will totally fix it. 💜💜💜💜