10: Accusations

Lyra's pov~

I look over to the door to find father standing at the door. I bite my lip softly as he curiously looks between the two of us.

"My Lord, why are you up so late?" He asks.

"No reason. Just couldn't sleep." He answers to him. Father nods slightly, although his face says he doesn't believe him.

"Alright, you should try to go back to sleep, we have a long day tomorrow." Father says before looking at me. I stand sheepishly and walk past father out of the room.

'The look he gave me... reminds me of when I was younger... That's scary.' I think as I walk to father's room. When I arrived at father's room I walked inside and sat in the bed with my legs crossed while my hands rest on them. Very soon after my father returns and looks at me making me look away.

"What was that?" He asks, by the tone of his voice you can hear that he's frustrated.

"Um..."

"Lyra, tell me what happened. Because last time I checked I told you to come back here then after I was done preparing for tomorrow I hear you and young master talking in his room. Please explain." He says. I bite my lip.

"We... uh." I stutter again.

"I know how you are with human males, and I want to know what happened."

"It's really not what it looks like father..." I say looking down and playing with my nails. "I just.. heard something fall from upstairs when I was walking to your room and went to see what happened. Apparently, he fell off his bed or something, then he asked if I would stay and talk. That's all that happened father, honest."

I feel his stare on me for a while before hearing him sigh and walk over to me sitting down next to me.

"Alright, I believe you." He says I look at him.

"Really?" I ask tilting my head. He nods.

"If you say nothing happened, then nothing happened. I'm sorry for getting upset, I just have to look after both you and young master. I believe you wouldn't be affected but you two doing anything like that would be hard for him to handle since he's human and will be very attracted to you after. He wouldn't be able to think." He explains. I nod a bit.

"I understand, father." I say. He sighs wrapping an arm around me and kissing my head. We sat there for a while until I hear a cat's meow. I raise an eyebrow looking at father. He sighs a bit as I stand and slowly walk to the woredrobe. I open it softly and a bunch of cats jump out around me, at least twenty-five, and start to walk around. I glance back at father with a smile before leaning down and picking up a pure black kitten that was rubbing it's head against my leg and turn to look at him.

"Well, well, father. I thought your contract was allergic." I say smirking. He sighs.

"Oh, he is." He says I giggle a bit before walking over to him being careful not to step on one of the many cats before sitting down next to him placing the kitten on my lap. He strokes it's head gently and I smile at him.

"Couldn't help yourself?" I ask.

"Well, I like having them around. Everytime I see a cat I think of you and your mother." He answers. I smile sweetly at him.

"Aw." I coo before petting the cat. "That's really sweet father."

He hums before a black and white cat jumps on his lap and rubs it's head against his hand longing for attention. Father gently scratches it's head and behind it's ears. I lean on father's shoulder as I pet the kitten before sighing.

"Now how could you have been bored with this?"