12: Undertaker

Lyra's pov~

We walked into the shop and I took in the fermilier scene of coffins littering the shop.

"Undertaker! I'm not here to play games today!" The boy shouts in a demanding tone. Soon we hear a laugh and a shadow starts to emerge from the shadows of a door way.

"Well, if it isn't my favorite customers. And it seems someone else tagged along this time!" He says giving me a smile I rub the back of my neck slightly giving him a look that said hello too. "What do you need for today?"

"We need information on the recent murders that's plagued London." The contract says. Undertaker giggles a bit before glancing at me.

"Well, as you know Earl, I don't give my information for free! But... I think I'll let this one pass." He says. The contract looks a bit confused and Undertaker looks at me for a second. "Come, sit."

The contract came in and sat on a coffin while I stood back with father and listened.

"The recent murders that's been occurring recently has been impossibly to trace. It seems the culprit just disappears and doesn't leave a single clue that they were there or how they killed." The contract explains looking to Undertaker with a, usual, cold expression. "I know that the bodies of the recent victims were put in your possession, what have you found to tell us how they died?"

Undertaker shakes his head a bit before answering. "Well, I have had multiple new customers from this certain case and have checked them out. But the thing is, they don't show any real signs of how they died."

"Not a thing?"

"No. Not poison, stab wounds, gun wounds, or any signs of illness that leads to death to be honest. Other then being dead, they seemed to be perfectly healthly. Well, at least before they met their end." Undertaker explains.

"Then what do you suppose happened?" The contract asks. Undertaker looks up at father and I before giggling a bit.

"Just think a bit. I'm sure someone among your group knows by now." He says before giggling again. The contract gives a glance at us before sighing and standing.

"Alright. Thank you for the information." He says as he walks to the door.

"Anytime, Earl Phantomhive." Undertaker says. Father and his contract walk outside and I quickly look to Undertaker.

"I'm glad you went to him and didn't chicken out again." He laughs. I smile a bit.

"I just want to thank you for pushing me to talk to my father. I'm very grateful." I say. He smiles at me.

"You're welcome, dearie." He says. We say our goodbyes before I walk outside where father and his contract was waiting for me.

"What were you two doing?" The boy asks curiously as I approach them.

"Oh, just talking." I answer simply. He seems a bit curious but dismisses it and turns away from me to start walking.

"What are we doing next?" I ask. The boy continues to walk as he answers.

"Going to get you work attire for you to wear suited to you and not Mey-Rin." He says. I nod a bit and follow as we walk.

Soon we come to a stop with a variety of different dresses on display in the windows. We enter and I look around at the different dresses. They come in all different sizes, colors, and style. Father was observing what I was doing, probably making sure I don't want something that would label me a whore, as the contract just stands and waits at one side of the store.

Soon I find a dress that I actually like quite much. It was a simple, black and white long sleeved dress. It would work fine, and it looked proper. Father looked at what I was admiring and nodded.

After a short while of shopping we were about to leave when a dress caught my eye. I walked over to it and examined it.

"Try it on."

I'm a bit taken back by the contract and turn my head to look at him. "Excuse me?"

"You'll be doing more then work around the manor, it's a good idea to have dresses for a ball." He explains. I blink a few times before looking back at the dress.

"I suppose..."

After going to the changing room I bit my lip as I looked in the mirror. 'I'm not used to dresses like this...' I think as I run my hands over the front of it. I turn my head to look over my shoulder at the door. 'I guess I shouldn't keep them waiting...'

I walked to the door and gently unlocked and opened it peaking out a bit. I soon see the contract sitting in a chair that was near by with my father standing near by. My father almost immediately notices me and beckons for me to come out. I slowly open the door and walk enough for them to see me.

 I slowly open the door and walk enough for them to see me

I look at them and rub my arm slightly. Surprising, it is actually making me nervous trying on a dress like this. I don't usually wear dresses like this so... it's not my strong suit. I notice the contract staring at me taking in my new appearance making me look away a bit and glance at the dress stroking it slightly in the side.

"Does it... look alright?" I ask curiously.

"You look beautiful, Lyra." Father says. After a short amount of time the contract clears his throat and looks to the side.

"It will work for ball and formal gatherings." He states simply. I nod a bit before going to take it off. But before entering the changing room I notice some blush faintly dusting the boys face.