chapter six

There were three things that I was absolutely sure of: One, Theo is an annoying fuck. Two, I had no idea what I was doing drinking outside a local convenience store. And three, Fiona was not a good drunk.

Fiona was literally just bobbing up and down her seat, while she downed can after can of beer. Hell, Theo and I drank one can each, and the rest found its way to Fiona's liver. Her hair was tousled, and her left shoe had gone missing.

"Hey—bet you can't shotgun two beers in a row!" she hiccupped, slapping me on the arm.

I crinkled my nose. "Sorry love," I said, "but that's not my thing. Fortunately for you, Theo here is quite the expert."

"What the—?"

Theo had barely a second to react before Fiona threw a beer can at his face. Unfortunately for him, he was no athlete. He didn't catch the can just before it hit him in the face. The can connected with his nose with a sickening crunch, and Fiona cackled with glee. "Damn, Fiona," I said. "You're quite the drunk."

"Nope—I'm just thirsty," she drawled, reaching for another beer.

My eyes scanned the table for a second before coming to a horrifying conclusion. She had drunk seven beers in a row. Hell, she's probably so wasted right now she won't even remember a single thing that happened tonight. "Fiona," I said, "lay off the beer for a second."

"No!" she yelled, standing up. Well, she tried to, because when she tried to balance herself on the ground, she tripped over nothing and fell face flat on the mat. "Hmpff!" she groaned, face still buried in the ugly brown mat.

I groaned. I bent over and picked her up by her shoulders, and placed her back in her seat. "You stink, by the way," I pointed out, plugging my nose.

"Meh."

Theo had gone silent, still clutching his nose. Fiona couldn't be that strong to break his nose with a beer can, could she? Suddenly, I was startled by how little I knew about Fiona. When I saw her that day, under the bleachers, I assumed she was a new student. But now, I don't think that's the case. Well, if she's drunk then she'll probably answer a few questions...

"Hey," I said, poking her with a lighter. "You up for a game of twenty questions?"

She nodded excitedly. "Sure!"

"Okay then... first question," I said, thinking. "Do you like Theo?"

She hiccupped. "Fuck no."

Then once again, Theo's mouth dropped dramatically open. I laughed, punching him on the arm. "Well, bro, now I know Fiona's a smart chick," I teased, "she doesn't even like you!"

He scowled at me, before taking his hands off his nose. "Fuck off, man," he said, swatting me away. "My turn, princess. Do you like Art—I mean James?"

Holy fuck. Way to slip up!

Thankfully, she didn't catch his mistake. Instead, she shook her head as hard as she could. She almost tipped over her chair, which made Theo practically jump out of his seat to catch her. I rolled my eyes. These two are going to have some serious sexual tension.

"My turn," I said, rubbing my hands together. It was still cold as fuck outside, and the beer did nothing for me. "Between the two of us, who would you go out with?"

She licked her lips, and made a show of pointing back and forth between Theo and me. She hummed the Jeopardy theme song before pointing at Theo. "Ding ding ding!" she shrilled, poking him thrice on his chest. "Sorry James, you're cute, but I know you've been lusting over Harper."

I threw my head back and laughed. "Well you got one thing right," I said, nodding.

Now, I knew Theo inside and out. I can tell you this right now: He's mindfucked. He's probably never even met a girl like Fiona, someone who rejected him sober and chose him drunk. Hell, a girl's never even sassed him before! He's a spoiled brat; what he wants, he gets. "Listen here," he said, grabbing Fiona's hand. "You reject me sober, but you want to fuck me drunk? What kind of girl are you?" he demanded.

Fiona happily shrugged. "I don't know!"

You could practically see the steam coming out of Theo's ears. "All right," he said, standing close to Fiona. "Kiss me."

So, this is the part where I got out my phone and video'd the whole thing. Fiona crossed her arms, and pouted. "I don't wanna!"

"Why not?" Theo demanded.

Fiona tsk'ed at him. "You smell like nicotine."

Theo lifted his right eyebrow at her. He then got out a fresh cigarette and lit it in front of her. Fiona flinched, but Theo just took a deep puff of the cigarette before blowing it in her face. "And now, so do you." He said.

"Ugh. Fine!"

Fiona practically leapt up to kiss Theo, who was severely unprepared.

And you know, I think I saw the corners of his mouth curling up in a smile before he kissed him back.

--

[a/n]:

short but sweet, eh? so i hope you guys like this chapter because even though it's short, i put in some fluff. also, please follow and comment if you guys like this story. i have something really huge planned for the coming chapters, so please keep on reading!

cheers! c: