Perplexing Meeting!

Arnav POV

Standing outside the temple feels really stupid. But I cannot help it. My belief in god cannot be revived so easily. I have my own set of demons which do not allow me to take a step further than where I am right now. Anyways. Its quite late. How much long will it take for Akaash to introduce Payal to our family? Seriously its just an introduction. Whats the big deal!
I was so involved in my thougths that I almost missed the familiar sound of anklets coming from somewhere near me.

What the...?

Is Khushi nearby? I can easily decifer those hyper footsteps anywhere.

Maybe she is here in the temple.

Feeling determined to find her I moved away from my SUV only to see the most weird and funny sight in front of me. Khushi Kumari Gupta on her hands and knees behind my SUV. Am I wrong to assume that she is actually trying to look for something under my car?

WHAT THE...

"Khushi Kumari Gupta what are you trying to do..mind telling me?"
I asked a little amused now.

She came out from her place and then stared at me with her patent wide eyes and O shaped mouth. Oh my! this girl will kill me one day with her cuteness.

"ARNAVJI.....what are you doing here? I thought you never visit temples. Wow is this your secret? Awesome. Arnav Singh Raizada a secret devotee of Devi Maiyya. This should be the headlines of tomorrows newspaper." She stated with a wink.

"No Khushi Kumari Gupta. Come back from La La land. I am here because my family is visiting the temple. And you did not answer my question yet?" I asked irritated now.

She stood up and came very close to me while I could not stop myself from hugging her. She too returned my embrace with the same emotion. I realized how in a span of 24 hours I had missed Khushi like hell.

"Arnavji I am here because Jeeji is meeting her future in laws today. They are really good people. Especially the grandmother of the family. She happens to be my friend by the way. Is not it great?"

Khushi asked in her ever bubbly voice. Her happiness was like a bucket of water in the dry Sahara desert for me. I hmmed in response and continued to hold on to her. After a minute she started squirming in my arms. I loosened my hold on her and glared at her for trying to get away from me.

"Arnavji chodiye humein. Hum yahan ek kaam se aaye the aur aapke chakar mein bhool hi gaye. Aapne kissi bacche ko yahan khelte huye dekha kya?(Arnavji let me go. I came here because I was looking for someone and now you are totally distracting me. Listen did you see a kid playing around here somewhere?)"
She asked curiously.

"What a KID...near my car? What the.."

Khushi POV

"Haan Arnavji. Ab aap apna 'What the What the' band kijiye aur Jeeji ki honewali Nanadji ke bhai ko dhundhne mein humari madad kijiye. Chaliye milke dhundhtein hain. Ek se bhale do. Gaadi ke niche to nai mila...hmmm...hoskta hai...haan hosakta hai un pedon ke paas khel rha ho. Chaliye...(Yes Arnavji. Now you please stop your What the What the and help me out in finding Jeejis Nanadjis brother. Two is better than one. We will find him together. I have already looked under the car but he is not here...hmmm...oh yes maybe he is playing around those trees. Come on..)"

"What...unbelievable. To ab main tumhare sath ek bacche ko dhundhunga. Main Arnav Singh Raizada hun Khushi. Koi police ya detective nahi. Humein yahan ki lost and found committee mein report krna chahiye...arrey tum kahan bhaag rahi ho..? Khushi wait damn it.
(So now I am gonna help you in finding a kid. I am Arnav Singh Raizada Khushi. I am not a police officer or detective. We should go to the lost and found committee over here to report the case...hey where are you running away..? Khushi wait damn it)"