Proposal by Raizadas!

Arnav POV

"Relax Akaash. Calm down. Drink some water. We are not going to battle with the Guptas. Its just a proposal. That too an arranged one. I mean...the one we are arranging strategically for you."
I said trying to make my brother understand the mechanics of typical weddings.

"Exactly Bhai. Thats the issue. What if Buaji finds out what we are upto?  We need to create a great impression. Better than that that...Raghujis proposal."
Akaash muttered frantically while pacing in my room.

Damn it. Now who the hell is Raghu?

"Mind telling me about this Raghuji?" I asked feeling bored now.

"He is the elder son of Buajis neighbor in Lucknow. The one whose proposal came for Payal, Bhai."
He said making a sad face.

"Akaash let me tell you. We will go there. Talk about the pros and cons of this deal. And voila Buaji will agree for it. I am telling you think like a businessman for once."
I said in my no nonsense tone. He simply nodded and then walked out from my room. Pheww. This fella is nuts.

I was about to freshen up since we were supposed to head to Gupta house by noon, when my cell phone rang.

Its my girl...Khushi.

I quickly picked up her call. Feeling the urgency to hear her bell like voice.
"Hey.." I said huskily.

"Hi Arnavji..." her nightingale like voice replied.

"So..? All ready for today?" I asked.

"Yeah. Everything is set. And the good thing is that Buaji is in a really good mood." Khushi said.

"Oh really?? Thats great Khushi. I think that we should take advantage of Buaji's mood. What do you say Khushi you can still have your double alliance...with Raizada family I suppose.."
I asked in a teasing tone.

"Wh..wha.....WHAT?!??"
She almost hurt my ear drums.

"Why any problem? You were ready for that with your Ramuji right? Whats the big deal then?"
I asked liking her flustered self.

"Uhh..ummm...we will talk later. Bye."
My butterfly is trying to run away from me.

Now thats not possible.

In the back of my mind I knew what I had done indirectly. ME. ASR. The guy who never believed in marriage just tried to hint Khushi about tying the knot with one another.

Am I liking the idea of marriage??

Does the fact that Khushi will live with me forever if we marry...gives me pleasure??

Whats going on??

I quickly got rid of these thoughts and rushed to the washroom. No I dont need to think about these things right now.

Khushi POV

"Jeeji I am done with all the necessary preparations. You just inform Akaashji. And please stop worrying...Buaji will definitely agree for this alliance."
I explained in a convincing tone.

"I know Khushi. And thanks a lot. I dont know what I would have done without you."
Jeeji whispered softly and then hugged me getting all teary eyed.

I simply patted her shoulders in an attempt to console her.

Around 3pm at Gupta House -

The sound of the doorbell was a clear signal that the Raizadas have arrived. Me and Jeeji shared a look and then Buaji curiously went to the door to see who is the unexpected visitor. She opened the door and was flabbergasted for a minute to see the Raizadas at her door standing with big thaals of shagun probably.