Birthday Around the Corner

Princess Sofia remembered her 11th birthday—it seemed like everything would be a real disaster. It started when Baileywick brought her a white dress from Madame Collette, the royal dressmaker. Clover gave Sofia a Propeller Plum, but because it wasn't easy to control, the plum splashed a stain of juice on Sofia's dress. Clover, Whatnaught, Robin, and Mia tried to clean the stain off but wound up ripping the dress.

Later, Ruby and Jade had come early to help set up for Sofia's birthday party, and they had a big surprise for her: they painted Sofia's face on all the balloons and party hats. Princess Vivian and her pet dragon, Crackle, had come early to set up, too, but Crackle had the hiccups and wound up popping all the balloons.

James gave Sofia a birthday present before the party: a toy version of their flying coach, which he made and Cedric enchanted. But because the toy coach was enchanted to fly for hours, it wouldn't stop flying. Sofia didn't think her birthday could get any worse. But during the party, the flying toy crashed into Sofia's birthday cake. Sofia was a little disappointed, thinking her party was ruined, but she was excited to have a big dance with her father—until they saw that the dance floor was covered in birthday cake.

Sofia was really upset that her birthday didn't go the way she wanted it to. Meanwhile, Ruby's fairy godmother, Tizzy, came after the party was cancelled due to how disastrous it was. Tizzy was Ruby's fairy godmother, but there was no rule against helping the latter's friends. Miranda had rescued a piece of birthday cake, and Sofia made a wish to relive her birthday and have a happy one. Tizzy granted the wish for Sofia.

The next day, Sofia was shocked that it was her birthday again, and she was confused when she got her white dress again, but the dress had no stain or rip. Clover was about to give Sofia her Propeller Plum, but she managed to save herself from getting hit by it. Then Tizzy showed up and told Sofia that she granted Sofia's wish to relive her birthday again.

Sofia was happy that she got to relive her birthday again, but everything fell apart at the end. Then the next day, the nightmare really started: Sofia's birthday was happening for the third time. It turned out Tizzy didn't read the full details of the spell before casting it, and Sofia would have to magically relive her birthday until she's truly happy.

Several times, Sofia relived her birthday, trying to keep everything from going wrong. When her birthday happened for the 37th time, she kept everything from going wrong, and she hoped the spell would end. But the next day, it was her birthday for the 38th time. Sofia was miserable, and she didn't know how to get herself out of this mess. But when Clover accidentally smushed her dress with a Propeller Plum, Sofia looked at the bright side this time: she asked Clover to get more plums, and they made polka dots with them on the dress. James' gift for Sofia flew into her birthday cake again, but she didn't mind because she just needed to look at the bright side.

Looking on the bright side made Sofia truly happy, and that broke the spell. Sofia was really happy to have gotten out of that mess, and she hoped it would never happen again.

Sofia's 12th birthday was coming up, but because of what happened last year, she wasn't looking forward to this year's birthday. Her family thought it would be nice for her to have a party, and although she knew that she just needed to look at the bright side, she hoped this birthday would be better than last year.

Sofia's best friend (and boyfriend) Prince Hugo came over to Enchancia Castle. He was looking forward to celebrating his girlfriend's birthday with her, but he didn't know what to give her.

"Hey, Hugo," Sofia smiled.

"Hi, Sofie," Hugo smiled back, hugging Sofia. "How have you been?"

"Fine, thanks," Sofia sighed. But she didn't sound fine.

"You don't sound fine," Hugo noted.

"I'm sorry, Hugo," Sofia apologized. "Remember I told you that I magically relived my last birthday over and over until I was truly happy? I'm just not looking forward to my birthday this year."

"Aw, Sofie, if you look at the bright side, then you'll have a happy birthday," Hugo assured her. "You just need to be careful what you wish for."

Sofia knew that Hugo was right. She knew that Tizzy only wanted to help, but she didn't want that fairy to misfire another spell, let alone grant another birthday wish. "You're right, Hugo," she nodded. I should also be careful not to say any wishes out loud, so Tizzy can hear me and misfire it."

"That's the spirit," Hugo smiled. He was happy to have helped his girlfriend look at the bright side, but now he himself needs to look at the bright side.

"Don't worry, Sof," James told his younger sister. "So long as you're truly happy, your birthday will be great."

"Thanks," Sofia smiled.

Sofia and Hugo went to her bedroom. Seeing what his girlfriend has made Hugo wonder what to get her for her birthday. Sofia is a princess, and she has everything—it wasn't going to be easy to give her the perfect present. Sofia even had a cabinet full of tiaras.

"Wow, Sofie, you have more tiaras than I thought you did," Hugo remarked. He remembered giving her two tiaras. They were in the same design but with different gems.

"Yes, a lot of my princess friends have given me tiaras, especially Amber," Sofia said. "But I have to be honest—the ones you gave me are still my favorites." She held out the two tiaras Hugo had given her.

These two tiaras looked pretty much like Amber's emerald tiara, but the edges around the jewels were rounder. Hugo had given Sofia the Emerald Green With Envy tiara when she was playing the Evil Queen in the school play at Royal Prep, Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. He gave Sofia the light amethyst tiara when they went on their first date.

"I'm glad you like them, Sofie," Hugo smiled. He was happy that Sofia loved the tiaras he gave her, but he still wondered what to give her for her birthday.