2

Camila's POV

We got the call about Nick's death from my friend, Lauren.

She described Nick's exact physical features, and told me about the John Mayer guitar Shawn always wanted which laid on the ground a few inches away from where his lifeless body was laying.

Shawn and I drove to the shop. Shawn was worried, the entire ride. He couldn't stop panicking.

When we got there, there was a huge crowd surrounding the road outside the shop. There was an ambulance and two or three police cars.

Without waiting for me to pull the keys out of the engine, Shawn bolted out of the car.

I quickly pulled them out and ran after him. I pushed through a couple of people and when I got to the front, I saw Shawn on his knees. His face is buried in his hands.

He kneeled in front of the scene, Nick's car. It had a huge pool of blood on the side. Shawn was screaming in agony. He couldn't stop wailing.

I bent down and wrapped my arms around him. I started to cry.

I can't stand seeing my best friend all heart-broken and grieving. Being their sometimes third wheel over the years, they were inseparable. They couldn't keep their hands off each other— Alright, you know what I mean.

Seeing Shawn's reaction, feeling like that other half of you is gone. I feel it too, even tho Shawn and I aren't related, I can just feel whatever he's feeling. We've only known each other for 4 years, but I have a strong connection with him.

Lauren tapped me on the shoulder and gave me a hug.

"WHY?!?! WHY DID THEY HAVE TO KILL NICK?!" I heard Shawn scream behind us.

An officer walked towards us. He had latex gloves on, and he was holding a John Mayer autographed guitar.

"Mr. Mendes-Robinson. We need to have a few words with you." The police officer called to Shawn.

Shawn got up and walked over to me. Tears continued to fall from his eyes. No matter how many times he tried to wipe them away, they still continued to fall.

"I spoke to the owner of the bargaining store behind us. One of the employees, this lady here-" The officer began, looking at Lauren.

"Told us that the victim bought the guitar for you. For your anniversary, am I correct?" The officer finished, looking at Shawn.

"I-i-i d-d-did-n-n-n't know he was going to buy me that. We could've never afford it." Shawn said, with a shakiness in his voice.

"What else did Mr. Robinson tell you when he was purchasing the guitar, m'am?"

"He told me that he spent months saving up for it. He wanted to surprise you, Shawn." Lauren told Shawn.

Shawn got onto his knees again, he continued trembling.

"We're so sorry for you loss, Mr. Mendes-Robinson" The officer said, patting Shawn on the shoulder. He walked away, bringing the guitar with him.

Lauren and I rubbed Shawn's shoulders to get him to calm down.

Who could've done this?

——————————————————————————
Here's chapter two of Without Him! Sorry for the short delay, I've been a tad busy. But I hope you like this chapter, I hope it had you on the edge of your seat. Stay tuned for the next chapter/more Shawn&Nick stories! Love you all!
~ R.