3

Shawn's POV

It's been five years since my husband was murdered. Brutally murdered, but no clue as to who've done it. Police decided to close the case because there were too many missing pieces of the puzzle.

These guys were good, but when the day comes when they're captured, I promise you they're dead.

Moving on was difficult after the first three years.

Today is me and Nick's 6th wedding anniversary. I don't just want to sit and let the day grow old. I decided to go to a special place, Olive Garden. It may not be all special, just another popular restaurant. But Olive Garden is a very special place to me.

It's where Nick promised to be with me for the rest of our lives.

Promise broken.

I was directed to a table. Of course, it JUST had to be the same table, where he proposed.

I couldn't stay calm because all the memories started flooding my head.

I just lost it. I bursted into tears. My waiter ran down and repeatedly asking if I was okay, do I need tissues, etc.

I couldn't stop crying. I thought my waiter would've just gotten up and walk away. But, no.

He stayed by my side. I told him he could go serve someone so he doesn't get fired.

"I don't care if I get fired. I want to stay here with you, how about I sit with you? Until you feel better, I want to help you." he said as he took a seat in the chair on the opposite of the table.

I wiped my tears and smiled.

"I-I'm Shawn, Shawn Robinson. Well, Mendes now because-- anyways, thank you for being understanding, i-i'm sorry for causing a scene like that"

"I'm Burkely, Burkely Duffield. No, don't be sorry. I understand where you're coming from. I-I, umm... I know who you are from the news... about your husband. Do you want to talk about it?"

I started to speak, but I started hearing noises. I can hear screaming.

I heard Nick's voice overlapping gunshot sounds. It was all playing inside my head like a movie.

I covered my ears and jolted out of my seat. Burkely tried touching my shoulder. I flinched away.

"NO! PLEASE JUST LEAVE ME ALONE!"

I ran out of the restaurant, into the parking lot. I pulled out my keys out of my pocket and started to run towards my car. I was almost there until I heard Burkely yell behind me.

"SHAWN! LOOK OUT!"

I felt a sharp stabbing pain in my back. I turned around and saw a masked figure, he raised his knife to stab me again.

But he was tackled to the ground by Burkely.

I felt blood dripping down my back. The last thing I saw before passing out was the guy throwing a punch at Burkely.

-- THE END! --

Hey guys! I am so sorry for the very long absence, I've been super busy with school/finals/plus writer's block. I will try to update I possibly can! This story will end on a good note, I promise. I am so sorry for having you put up with all this tragedy. Lol. But, I love you all! Stay tuned for the next chapter and my other Shawn&Nick stories!