Prologue

Prologue

She  had  it  enough.  Her  eyes  are  too  worn  out  from  crying.  Hindi  siya  pwede  lumabas  at  magpakita  sa  mga  tao  ng  ganoon  ang   hitsura  niya  dahil  baka  mapagkamalan  siyang  halimaw,  ang  panget  pa  naman  niya  kapag  umiiyak,  her  eyes  turn  puffy,  swollen  and  red.  Dumagdag  pa  doon  ang  naghe-hello  niyang  ilong.  That  weakness  can  never  be  known  dahil  lalo  lamang  siyang  aapihin  ng  pagkakataon.  Nang  mga  tao  sa  paligid  niya.  She  promised  to  herself  that  no  one  can  dictate  her  anymore.  Gagawin  niya  ang  lahat  ng  paraan  sa  sarili  niyang  batas  at  paraan.

Gusto  man  niyang  matawa  sa  sarili  niya  ay  hindi  niya  magawa.  She  wanted  to  laugh on  how  pathetic  her  life  is.  Parang  kahapon  lang  ay  maayos  ang  takbo  ng  buhay  niya.  Well  then,  anyway,  it’s  already  partly  pathetic  even  before  it  all  started.  She’s  like  a  puppet  to  everyone,  saying  yes  to  everything  that  they  say  kahit  pa  hindi  niya  iyon  gusto,  but  then  again  she  never  even  imagined  this  sudden  and  dizzying  turn  of  her  life.

She  sighed  deeply.

Whatever.  She  had  enough.

Her  parents.  Her  scholarship.  Ballet.  Her  life.  As  pathetic  as  it  is,  she  have  to  accept  it  and  move  on.  Wala  naman  siyang  ibang  choice.

Siguro  ay  ok  na  ‘din  ang  paglipat  nilang  iyon  ng  tahanan.  Maiiwanan  niya  ang  mapapait  na  memorya  na  hindi  niya  akalaing  makuha.

She  remembered  the  house,  it  was  a  bit  old  but  bearable.  Spacious  and  that’s  good.  Space  was  something  that  she  need  now.  May  tatlong  silid  iyon,  a  living  room,  spacious  bathroom,  a  big  kitchen  and  dining  inside  and  a  dirty  kitchen  outside,  washing  area,  a  marbled  front  porch,  and  garage.  The  neighborhood  was  good  and  peaceful.  Hindi  tulad  ng  pinanggalingan  niya  na  walang  kasing  ingay  at  magulo.

It  was  a  good  place  to  move  on  and  maybe  find  some  peace.

Maybe.