Arc I - Chapter 6

6 years old, Blake's PoV

When I woke up that morning, I had no idea what my sister would be going through later that day.

At morning we had etiquette and music lessons taught by Kaitlyn-sensei. Warren-sensei taught us writing and reading for an hour. Then we ate lunch with Vivi, Oni-chan (nickname bestowed by my bellowed twin) and father and mother.

As we rarely spend our free time seperately, Rose and I went to library together after lunch. We had free time for a few hours. Later that afternoon we had two more lessons which would be both held by Warren-sensei.

I noticed something was bothering her. She was not in the mood for reading books. She picked one randomly and was flipping the pages as if she was only going through the motions. She bounced up from her chair the moment I did.

I pretended I was looking for a book, however I was giving her enough time to collect herself.

"Hey Blake?" She called my name.

"What Rose?" I answered. I wanted to hear what she had been worrying about.

"Have you noticed how people look at me?" She questioned.

I wasn't ready to hear her question and I let it show. She has a good head on her shoulders so she noticed that.

Have I noticed how servants keep whispering to each other when she walks past? Have I noticed how they follow her with their stares, waiting her to do something evil? Have I noticed how our parents sometimes stop speaking when we go to see them without notifying them beforehand?

Maybe I have.

"Yeah." I answered.

"They don't look at me like that just because I am a princess."

I needed to see her expression. I turned to see her. "I know." I said.

There is something wrong with me right?" Her expression was natural but I her voice was about to break.

No!" I objected. "They may think so, but they are wrong." I was angry. I was angry at the world, I was angry at the ignorant people, I was angry at the stupid goddess who decided to make my sister's life hard.

"But having non-white wings at this age is not normal. It's not natural." Her voice was barely a whisper.

I watched as her magic woke up. Her rose red mana flowed from her body and thornbushes with roses started growing from various places.

I managed to calm her down. Thorns lessened while more blossoming roses started appearing. I told Rose I wanted to look for a book. I walked deeper into the library.

I met Maurice who looked like he had been waiting for me. He had weird to ability tell when a person wants to meet him. I started bargaining in order to make a deal with him.

I didn't have time to finish the deal with him when I see that Rose's magic acted up again. In a negative sence. When black and blue roses thrive she is feeling sadness.

Maurice smirked. He knew he had won. I left looking for my sister.

I hated the fact I couldn't help her. After negative burst of emotions awokes her mana, all of her emotions affect her immediate surroundings no matter what she feels. She can't stop feeling emotions and she can't be happy all the time. Especially when she comes in contact with prejudiced people.

Maybe that was one of the reasons our parents decided to not let her know about the prejudice against her. However, she was starting to see it.

I found our father calming down Rose. I asked father if magic nullification stones could help her. I was disappointed with the answer. Of course my parents would have already thought about that option.