Quarter Quell - Seven

so i hope this story is going well some parts am like should have i done that? does this make sense? i hope it does. Lacey and Cato have unwillingly helped start the rebellion again and its only now coming to light because the 'honeymoon phase;/ distraction by wedding is over. I really hope this is at least a good story because I've wanted to do a Cato story that covers the movies. Anyway i will stop wasting your reading time and get on with it.

-Lacey-

Over the next coming days we were stuck inside the house, even victors were being held. The only time we were allowed to watch anything is when it was from the Capitol. Which was right now. i was sat on the sofa with Cato my head on his chest.

"Ladies and Gentlemen this is the 75th year of the hunger games." the crowd cheered "And it was written in the charter of the games that every 25 years there would be a Quarter Quell to keep fresh for each new generation the memory of those who died in the uprising against the Capitol. Each Quarter Quell is distinguished by Games of a special significance. And now on this the 75th anniversary of our defeat of the rebellion, we celebrate the third Quarter Quell." he looked at a card

"...as a reminder that even the strongest cannot overcome the power of The Capitol. On this, the third Quarter Quell Games, the male and female tributes are to be reaped from the existing pool of victors of each district."

"no" i cry burying my face into Cato's shoulder

"Victors shall present them self on reaping day regardless of age, state of health or situation" i ran out into the back garden grabbing a bottle of whiskey on my way out. i sat in the cold crying and drinking. I heard Cato coming out.

"He's doing this to punish us. To kill Katniss and screw over the rest of us. People start rioting he throws his dummy out of the pram." i look up at him as he sits down next to me and takes the whiskey.

"I'm through with playing kiss ass Cato, all i want is to be with you and start a family now he's taking shots to try and kill victors. What happens if we're reaped or worse one is and the other volunteers?"

"we'll get through this, we can get through anything."

"i know we can, but i swear Cato if I'm asked to join the rebellion i won't hesitate on saying yes."

"neither will I. I only signed up for one game the rest is just a piss take" i snort and smile at him.

"whatever happens we'll be together right?" he asks me

"together." i state. holding his hand.

------

It's reaping day and a dressing a navy blue dress with a dark brown belt and boots, my hair is in a bun and i have minimal make up on.

Cecelia, Woof, Cato and I are escorted to the justice hall and up onto the stage. I pass my Dad who looks a mix between angry and upset.

"welcome, welcome. As we celebrate the 75th Anniversary and the 3rd Quarter Quell of The Hunger Games. As usual Ladies first." Daphne no longer has the chirpy tone to her voice instead her words sound forced as if she doesn't want any of this to happen. she dips her hand i picks one of the two slips before standing in front of the microphone.

"the female tribute for District 8 is...Lacey Valentino" i hear Cece about to volunteer but i look at her and shake my head, I'm going to do this and I'm going to start a freaking riot when i rebel. I went and stand next to Daphne.

"now for the men." she picks out a name

"the male tribute for district 8... Woof Jones"

"I volunteer as tribute"  Cato walks forward not even glancing back at Woof.

"there we are then the tributes from district 8 Lacey Valentino and Cato Valentino" Daphne announced. Daddy and Commander Paylor rose their fingers in salute everyone followed and we did the same. we were escorted out. No time for goodbyes.

We bordered the train at night with Katniss and Peeta who were already in their rooms. Cato and I went straight to ours .

"why didn't you let Cecelia volunteer for you."

"because her family wouldn't cope. Dad he's strong and he helps lead district 8 rebels with Commander Paylor. I also knew you would volunteer if you weren't chosen. We will always be together. "  he kissed me and we fell asleep.

When we woke up the next morning we were being talked to by Daphne.

"Everything will be different because it's a Quarter Quell. The Capitol has spared no expense, a new training centre. New tribute living quarters and of course, a very special arena. But this year like Katniss and Peeta you'll be facing other victors. smart cunning, skilled."

"what are we fish bones, we are good as any career. We were born and raised in district 2 Cato longer than me."

"But they all know one another  you four will be the outsiders." she replied

---

We finished having dinner when Cecelia and Woof were talking to us.

"You need to forget about last year because this year is a whole different ball game, like Daphne stated you are outsiders which means you need to make allies" Woof started

"okay who have we got." we agreed

"Cashmere and Gloss brother and sister like the both of yo, they are lethal...Brutus and Enobaria, Cato i believe you know them."

"yeah Brutus was my mentor" i looked at him.

"what the chance they will ally with us?" i ask him

"not likely they have the same mind as my father, i became a outcast when i fell in love with you and became joint victor, you either win the games or you die in them. no joint place." i sigh.

"Anyway i think you've met the others, Wiress, Beetee from 3 Mags who volunteered for Annie Cresta and Finnick Odair from 4 Johanna and Blight from 7, Morphlings from 6. Katniss and Peeta from 12 and so on" Woof sighed

"as much as it pains me to say it..." we looked toward Cato "i think we should try and ally with Katniss and Peeta as well whoever they ally with." i raise my eyebrow never did i think he was going to say that.

"really?" i ask

"yeah i mean we have no chance of allying with 1 and 2 now. And there is a storm of rebelling which fire girl seems to be the face of, most will ally with her and it's likely we'll be asked anyway so it only makes sense" i nod

"okay if we can we'll ally with 12 and whoever."