Cat Man

In Bucharest every news paper had Bucky's face on it. He lived in a cheap apartment that looked severely run down.

Sam was positioned on the roof while Steve and I made our way in.  He looks around, there was a mattress with disheveled covers and various bits of cheap looking furniture, it was only one room so the bedroom was also the kitchen.  Steve grabs a notebook from on top of the fridge. He picked it up and opened it. There are tabs of varying colors sticking out from amongst the pages.

From the Com in my ear Sam says something about German Special Forces coming in form the south and Steve mumbles a responds.

Steve looks up from the book and fixes his eyes on something behind me.

"Do you know me?" He asks, I turn around quickly and come face to face with the Winter Soldier. I back up slowly so I'm next to Steve. I stare at Bucky's face, it's familiar, for some reason, not like I've seen it on papers or in videos but familiar as in I've met him before.

His eyes eventually fall on me and he gives me a look of curiosity, one I'm sure to be giving as well. He moves his eyes from me and stares at Steve.

"You're Steve. I read about you in a museum." He finally answers.

"They've set the perimeter." I hear Sam say in my ear.

"I know you're nervous. And you have plenty of reason to be. But you're lying." Steve keeps talking

"I wasn't in Vienna. I don't do that anymore." Bucky answers, his face blank

"They're entering the building." Sam says

"Well, the people who think you did are coming here now. And they're not planning on taking you alive." Steve continues

"That's smart. Good strategy." Bucky says shifting his weight slightly.

"They're on the roof. I'm compromised." Sam says quickly. I can hear the cops running up the stairs. My brain seems to take control because I start speaking before I release I do.

"M4A1. M4 CQBR. MK 18 Mod 0. M4A1. M16A4. Battering ram Mk II and Mk IIA1 grenades" I say, my eyes now fixed on the door, Steve nodes his head and turns back towards Bucky

"This doesn't have end in a fight, Buck." Steve says as outside the door a cop readies the battering ram.

"It always ends in a fight." Bucky answers

"5 seconds." Sam and I both say at the same time

"You pulled me from the river. Why?" Steve asks

"I don't know."

"3 seconds!" Sam and I say again

"Yes, you do."

"Breach! Breach! Breach!" Sam yells in our ears

A grenade crashes through the window. Bucky kicks it to Steve, and he smothers it with his shield.

"Schieß die Tür auf!" A cop yells from outside,

"shoot the door" I mumble under my breath

The cop slams the battering ram against the door. Bucky shields himself with the mattress against an attack from the window. He blocks the door with a table as cops swing in on cables. Steve pulls the rug from under a policeman, sending him flying. Bucky slams another policeman into the wall.

"Buck, stop! You're gonna kill someone." Steve shouts over the noise

Bucky slams Steve down and punches a hole in the floor."I'm not gonna kill anyone." He mutters. He grabs a backpack from under the floorboards and throws it out of the window.