Boats & Sorting

Emeralds POV

I realised... Harry's gonna hear my name. During the sorting... He's gonna know who I am. I shook off the feeling and hoped he didn't know the name Riddle. Only recognising my father as Lord Voldemort. I'm ashamed of my father.

The train pulled to a stop, we got off and into some boats. The castle was breathtaking, I shared a boat with the blonde boy from the train.

"Sorry about earlier. I just get teased everyday for my hood," I explained. Blondie rolled his eyes at me.

"What house do you want?" He asked me.

"I don't have a choice." I pulled down my hood.

"I recognise your face..." He said deep in thought.

"does the name Emerald Riddle ring a bell." I sighed. His jaw dropped. I pushed it up lightly

"Do you want to catch flies?" I threw my hood up.

"I guess Slytherin then." Blonde said.

"No duh Sherlock, now I've told you mine what's your first name?" I asked.

"Draco." Malfoy replied.

"How do you know my father?" He asked.

"He was, and I reckon still is, a death eater," I said. Once we reached the castle we got off of the boats and went to the entrance hall where we waited to be let in for the sorting ceremony.

.:Later:.

"Draco Malfoy." The hat had barely touched even a strand of hair before it yelled.

"SLYTHERIN!" Draco smirked at me and walked up to the Slytherin table.

"Emerald Riddle." McGonagall called out.

"Hood down Miss. Riddle." I took a deep breath and removed my hood. The whispers reverberated around the high walls. Everyone except the Slytherins seemed to look like they were praying for me not to be in their house. When the hat was placed on my head it fell onto the tip of my nose.

"Ah! A Riddle, it's clear, your future, is Slytherin really the house for you?" The hat said. I trembled. I wanted to grab the hat, throw it to the floor and run off. Then I could easily live my life as an outcast. "Slytherin still suits you.." I felt my palms start sweating. "Your father would be proud if you were Slytherin, sad he's not here though he was a help to this school." More whispers scattered the hall. My palms were so sweaty they could form puddles. I felt myself wanting to cry. I heard a shout,

"HURRY UP AND SORT STUPID HAT!" It was a boy with flaming red hair and his twin next to him.

"Give it time!" McGonagall shouted then took 5 points from Gryffindor. 

"Now, I guess it's fate! SLYTHERIN." The hat shouted I threw my hood up and went and sat next to Draco, who had made me a space next to him. I put my head on the table.