Part 1

---Meg---

She lay in bed and smiled at her phone. She couldn't help but smile as she read texts from Calvin! They had been texting for the past 6 hours. She checked her clock. It read 1:13am.

M: We should probably go to sleep x
C: Probably x
     Although I could talk to you all night x

She laughed.

M: Flattery won't get you many places x
      Ill see you in school x

She switched off her phone and went to sleep, dreaming of Calvin.

---Calvin---

As he read the final message from Meg, he felt a strange feeling inside him. He was sad that she went to sleep, yet happy he found her that very same morning. Whatever the feeling was, he never wanted it to fade.
But it soon changed to fear, nervousness and anger as he heard someone stomp up the stairs and his bedroom door fling open.
"CALVIN!!" His father screamed. "YOU HAVE BEEN UP HERE ALL DAY SINCE YOU GOT BACK FROM GOD KNOWS WHERE. YOU LEFT INSTEAD OF DOING HOMEWORK, OR THE DISHES, OR SHOPPING OR ANYTHING PRODUCTIVE." He spotted Calvins phone on the bed. "Give me your phone" he said.
Calvin handed over his phone. His dad unlocked it and scrolled through it, not pausing or looking up until he got to the conversation with Meg.
"Who's this Meg and why have you been talking to her for so long?!" He demanded.
Calvins felt himself getting angry. "You had no right to look through that" he said, his voice shaking slightly. "If you feel like its your duty to ruin my life then she's just a friend from school okay?"
His dad chuckled. But not the good kind.
"Really, boy? This is the kind of thing you say to your friends?! So you say to all your friends crap like 'I miss you' and 'I could sneak out to meet you in your garden'?"
Calvin flushed. "You have no right to read my messages or say anything about me or Meg because the truth is she cares more about me than you ever have or will!"
He saw his fathers face turn bright red with anger. His father pushed him over the bed and into the desk, where a stack of books fell on him.
Everything was hazy. He saw his dad walking over to him and felt himself being dragged up by his hair.
He felt a hard slap across his face and several punches in the stomach, before his father pulled his hair close to his face and grabbed him around the neck. "Dont you dare ever speaking to me like that again boy".
Calvin was still angry. "I dont care dad. Hit me as many times as you want, do whatever you want but nothing you do will make me scared of you. Im not scared of bullies, or bitter old men that were deserted by their families".
His dad pushed him backwards, and he hit his head on the corner of the desk. The last thing he remembered before passing out was feeling the blood trickle down his forehead.

---------------
Let me know what you think of the new story :)