Part 5

---Meg---

She felt her heart shatter into a million pieces as she watched Calvin and Allison kiss. And as she felt the tears sting her eyes, she turned and ran until she got home.

She lay on her bed, thoughts swirling around her brain. Surely she hadn't seen it right? Or she had walked into the wrong room and saw someone else?
She hoped and prayed she was thinking right, and she hadn't seen Calvin lying there with Allison next to him. But she knew that as much as she hoped it wasn't true it was. And just as she felt the tears building in her eyes, her phone screen lit up. She didn't bother looking at her phone; she knew exactly who it was and she didn't want to talk to him.

---Calvin---

He had texted meg a thousand times but she hadn't replied, even though she had said she'd be there straight after school. He texted her again, confused. He waited for a few minutes, staring at his phone screen. Nothing. But he was distracted by his thoughts by Allison walking back into his room and sitting next to him on the bed. "So good news! I finally found my mom and she said your free to go home!" She chirped happily.
"Great!"he sighed. "That means I can go see meg. She's been ignoring my texts even though she said she'd be here after school but its 5 now. I don't know what's going on with her".
He heard Allison sigh frustratedly. "Well I didn't want to say anything but when I met her she didn't seem to be as into you as you were into her". She grabbed his hand. "Maybe you just have to move on and find someone who cares about you". Calvin saw that Allison was leaving in to kiss him, but he stood up out of the bed. "No. I've gotta know what's up with meg" he said.
10 minutes later, he found himself dressed and on Megs street.

---Meg---

She didn't know, or care, who was at the front door. She didn't really care about much anymore. She had really thought that Calvin had liked her. But, as it turned out, he was just like every other heartbreaking boy in the world.
"Meg!" She heard her mom shout. "There's someone here to see you!" Meg rolled her eyes and got off her bed. She reached the kitchen and stopped.
"What do you want Calvin?" she asked.
Calvin walked over to her. "I wanna know why you've been ignoring my messages" he said. "And why you didn't come to the hospital earlier."
Meg snapped. "Yeah well maybe I did come around to the hospital but you were too busy with Allison to notice me, so I came home instead."
She turned around and walked back upstairs, Calvin not far behind her.
"Meg, I promise she kissed me and I was so surprised it took me a couple of seconds to realise what was happening. As soon as I did I pulled away and told her that I liked you" he said as he sat down next to her on the bed. He grabbed her hand. "This is the first place I came when they let me out of the hospital".
Meg looked at him. "Wait, you've been let out of the hospital?" She asked. "You're not seriously thinking of going back to your dad's are you?"
Calvin laughed. "There's no way in hell I'm ever going back there" he said. "Ill just go find a hotel or something like that. I've done it before".
Meg frowned at him. "Do you actually think I'm gonna let you do that?" She asked. "Don't be stupid. Ill talk to my parents and I'm sure they'll let you stay here".
They walked downstairs together to Megs family sat in the living room.
"Mom, dad, can Calvin stay here tonight?" Meg said.
Her parents looked confused. "If he's been released from the hospital then shouldn't he be heading home to his dad?" Her mom asked.
Meg looked at Calvin as if to ask if she were allowed to tell. Calvin nodded and meg looked back at her mom. "Calvin told me that he remembered that night and his dad was the one who put him in hospital." Her parents gasped.
Her mom got off the couch and went over to Calvin, and hugged him tight. "You can stay here as long as you want Calvin" she said, before pulling Megs dad and Charles Wallace and meg into the hug.

Meg and Calvin walked up to her room together, both smiling, both unaware that their problems were only just starting...