Part 2

---Meg---

She buzzed with excitement as she ran downstairs that morning. She couldn't wait to see Calvin!
But she stopped dead as she reached the kitchen. Her mom, dad and brother were sat at the table looking grim.
"What's wrong?" Meg asked.
Her dad took a deep breath. "Meg, Calvin's in the hospital". Megs heart stopped. "His dad said he slipped on a skateboard and hit his head on his desk last night. He was bleeding, he passed out and his dad took him to the hospital." Meg couldn't breath. It took her several minutes and a few large glasses of water before she could finally speak.
"Is...is he gonna be okay?" She stammered.
Her mom sighed. "He hasn't woken up yet. But your father and I have talked and we will take you and Charles Wallace to see him after school, give him a bit more time to wake up." Meg nodded and gulped down another glass of water.
"Come on, ill drive you to school" Mr Murray said.

Meg knew she'd find Veronica and her friends stood by her locker. But she didn't care. All she cared about was making it through the school day so she could go see Calvin.
But as she reached her locker, she couldn't see anyone near her that seemed like they were going to mock her. But then Veronica walked up to her own locker, and meg could have sworn Veronica smiled her.
Meg prayed the rest the day would go quicker, she was desperate to see him. And her prayers were answered, because soon meg and Charles Wallace were walking home. Charles Wallace grabbed Megs hand. "Meg? Will Calvin be okay?" He asked, worried. Meg sighed nervously. "I hope so" she muttered.
The second they got home, Charles Wallace ran to his parents. "Come on we have to go see Calvin!!" They looked sceptical, but after one look at Meg's face, her mom grabbed the keys and soon the four of them were at the hospital.

The nurse showed them to his room and as soon as meg opened the door her heart sunk. There he was, attached to wires and not moving, lay Calvin O'Keefe.
Meg heard talking behind her, but she didn't take her eyes off Calvin.
"How is he?" She heard her dad say.
"He's doing okay. Everythings going perfectly fine. Its just a case of waiting for him to wake up."
She pulled up a chair and sat next to Calvins bed.
Meg knew they couldn't stay long, but she didn't care. She just wanted him to wake up and be okay. She wanted to hear his voice, see his eyes, feel his arms around her as he hugged her. She just wanted him to wake up.
She grabbed his hand tightly "I promise I'll never leave you" she whispered to him. She felt the tears silently rolling down her cheeks. "Just please wake up. Please!" She begged.
She looked at the floor and cried quietly until she felt her hand being squeezed. She looked up at him to see him opening his eyes. "Meg?" She heard him whisper.