| 1. Falling |

| 1. Falling |

Do you ever get that feeling when you're half asleep, that your falling? Your body gets this sense of weightlessness and your dropping. Nothing can snap you out of it, when it happens to you. Usually in a dream or a nightmare, where a former enemy is holding you over the edge of a cliff with rocks and thrashing water below.

Tonight, Midnight from Oracion Seis held you over the sea. So far, this was your worst dream. Fallen comrades were lying behind him, in pools of blood. Lucy. Gray. Erza. Even Happy. Their life energy was draining out of them, you could sense it. The one person besides Midnight that was standing, was Natsu. The fire dragon slayer had his back pressed against Midnights, and his fists raised in flames. A single tear ran down your cheek as you watched Natsu analyse the damage he'd done. Gray's blood was mixing with a puddle of water, ice that Natsu had melted earlier. Erza's sword was a scorching red, her armor broken. Lucy's keys were currently melting in her hands. All because of Natsu.

"Shi-ne." Natsu whispered, and Midnight dropped you with a loud sadistic laugh.

Falling. Your body was weak, limp and useless. Nothing could be grabbed onto. You couldn't summon energy from inside you to make your wings burst out in glory to save you. Death, for you, was finally in-evadible.

That's when firm hands gripped your shoulders, and your eyes flew open. Bright colours shuck around, and your head spun. All that you could make out was your name being called by..Natsu. Natsu Dragneel.

"[Name], snap out of it!" He commanded. Salmon hair shook in your face as he buried his face in your neck. You could hear a slight whimper as he breathed heavily. Lifting up your hands, you stroked his back gently making him shoot up. Natsu was straddling your hips, in his normal black clothing. His eyes filled with joy and he smiled widely, "alright! Lets go on a job!" You smiled worriedly, and rubbed a tear off your face which caught Natsu's attention. It was nothing new, to wake up crying.

The fire dragon slayer leaned down, cupping your cheek with his hand. "Whatever that dream was, it doesn't matter. It will never come true [Name], I'll make sure of it," Natsu's voice was determined as was his gaze, his onyx eyes staring into yours. When a small smile crossed your lips, he sat back with a content grin. But in mere seconds Natsu was pulled back down by the collar of his shirt. Within reach, you kissed him on the nose.

Letting go of his collar you expected Natsu to get off your bed, but his hot breath still tickled your face. Natsu leaned in, and stole a kiss. When you kissed back, he wrapped his arms around you. Smiling, you rolled over. Only to fall straight off the bed.

Falling was okay that time, Natsu was with you.