| 2. Never |

| 2. Never |

Mira leaned against the bar, watching a group across the guild. Cana sat to her left, with a beer in her hand to no ones surprise. On the Strauss' girl right, you sat there with a depressed aura around you. They were trying to 'talk some sense into you'.

"I don't see why he doesn't get it yet," Cana whined for the tenth time. She chugged down the rest of her beer.

"With Natsu, no one knows. That's why you should just go for it [Name]," Mirajane was encouraging. Finally you sighed and stood up, with cheers from Cana.

Walking across the guild, you slipped into a seat across the table from a certain Dragon Slayer. He looked up from the job request he had been examining. Happy, the blue exceed, flew over to Carla who he thought had a fish.

"Did you want something [Name]?" Natsu blinked. You gave him the most flirtatious smile you could. Natsu began to stare.

"I was wondering, could we go on a job? J-just me and you?" You said gently, blinking slowly trying to widen your eyes. Natsu folded his arms and leaned back against the bench with a grin, and you felt hope build up. But Happy flew back over and Natsu's grin widened even more, "sorry [Name]. This jobs for me and my partner! Right Happy?"

You could faintly hear Happy's "Aye Sir!" from back at the bar with Mira and Cana. They comforted you the best they could, while Natsu sprinted out of the guild. Wendy, Lisanna, Lucy, Carla, Juvia and Levy walked over to the three of you. They all felt as disappointed as you did. But couldn't put it into words.

You stood up, planning on walking home when Makarov stepped out.

"It's not going to be seen by Natsu unless its plain obvious," the guild master began to walk downstairs. The girls cluster around you once again. "Then again," Makarov continued. "It also might not be seen unless he's looking for it too."

Mirajane lifted her head with a worried smile, "what does that mean master? When will he realise?" You were just as confused as the rest of the girls. Already, you were planning the scoops of icecream you would need as therapy. Makarov cleared his throat and looked directly at you. "Possibly, never."

That was it, you were done. Everything went black and you fell to the floor.

Makarov looked shattered, "there was a but! He could realise that he's the one with feelings too.." But no one was listening, all of the girls fretted around you in a panic.

Natsu had completely chosen the wrong time to burst back into the guild for Happy's fish. He was greeted with heated glares of hatred, and fingers of accusation. It took a second for him to see you on the floor, and the girls growled in sync.

"You did this!"