PART V: REVELATION

III: ashley

Ashley blamed herself after the whole incident. She told me repeatedly and repeatedly that none of this wouldn't had happened if she wasn't alive.

"No Ashely, in fact you being alive saved me. You being my friend saved me."

I would tell her this every single time she told me it was her fault. I can understand why she would feel that way but she shouldn't. Evelyn's psycho crazy and it's not Ashley's fault. She would've snapped at any point, regardless of who I was new friends with. I really want Ashely to feel better, because I don't want her to feel like me.

I text her on my phone if she wants to hang out, I'll invite her for coffee and then I'll see if she still feels down. She answers right away and tells me that she wants to go. I grab my keys and tell her to go to the nearest cafe. I meet her there and give her a big hug.

"Hey, Ashley, what's up with you?" I smile and go up to the window of the small yellow coffee shop. I order a peppermint mocha and Ashley orders a simple latte. We sit down at the table and just look at each other in awe.

"I'm doing good now, I'm getting better."

Who would've thought that we would end up being friends again? That we would regain the friendship we so desperately missed, regardless of the hatred. Sometimes it's not the people that you've known for the longest time that will always be there for you. People come and go, it doesn't matter how long you've known someone, some people may know each other for a couple of months and have more fun, share more secrets, and be better friends than with someone they've known for four years. You never know who is going to be the real ones who stick with you all the way, but when you do find those people, never let them go. For me, they are Andrew, Jason, and Ashley. I will never let them go. To me, Jason is still my best friend and he's watching over me. He's protecting me. Our coffee is ready and we get up to go get them. I take a sip of mine and the cool, sweet coffee hits my tongue sweetly. I take more sips and realize that I have finished the entire coffee in a matter of minutes. It was that good. Ashley and I both laugh, leaving the coffee shop after Ashley finishes her coffee. When I arrive home, I call Andrew.

What both of them don't know is that my book is being published tomorrow. I told Ryan every single crazy thing that happened and showed him my book. He got really excited with reading my story and said he'd show it at his next book meeting. It was approved surprisingly. They liked the backstory and message to my book a lot I guess. I was going to surprise both Andrew and Ashley with the news and I'm extremely happy to. I know that they will be supportive and proud of me.

Evelyn would have tried to talk me out of publishing something like that. She wouldn't want me to publish a book because then my attention wouldn't be on her.

Andrew picks up the phone and I ask if I can come over.

"Of course," and I can feel him smile through the phone.