Chapter 1- New year, New students

Jade's POV -
"Jade", the teacher, Mrs. Jones, called out. I wasn't listening because I was too caught up in my own world, making unrealistic situations in my head. I quickly thought of something and replied with "sixty- four". The shocked expressions everywhere around me made my anxiety peak and I turned five shades of red. Mrs. Jones straightened herself out and with the same shocked look as everyone else, she just gave me an unknowing gaze and said "yes, that's correct". I gave myself a mental high- five and grinned at my quick thinking. My grin immediately faded once she said "but you still get detention for not paying attention in my class".

Getting up to get the note in her hand for detention, I groaned and nodded in response as she continued with the lesson. It's only the first day of my junior year in WindsDale High and I've already screwed up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Let me tell you something, gym is just horrible.

Who came up with the idea of making up a class to see who's athletic and who's not? I mean, I certainly can't do anything that has to do with athleticism. That's for sure.

While I was trying to think of a way to get out of that class, I knew I was too late once I heard Coach Manson blow his whistle. My breathing hitched and I make my way towards the crowd that formed around him.

As Coach was calling role, I just waited for my name to be called out. But then I turned around to hear the name of a certain someone I know, named Devan Ryder.

He turned around and gave a girl a wink, and I immediately turned in the other direction when he was about to see that I was looking the entire time. I huffed in frustration at the fact that he's never noticed me. I mean, could you imagine having a crush that doesn't even know you exist? The sad part is that I've liked him since the 6th grade. I'm such a loser, and so dumb to even like him in the first place. He's basically a man whore, but yet I still want him to like me. I mean come on, why would he ever like a person like me?

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard an unfamiliar name being called out by Coach. Anthony Valdez. But... Who was he? Was he new? Or have I just never heard of him?

Me being curious, decided to see who he was. I waited for him to say "here" but that response never came. Just then, I heard the doors open. There I seen a guy come in, and a very unhappy Coach Manson looking at him. I lightly chuckled at the guy, knowing that he would get into trouble. "Mr. Valdez", coach started. "You're late".

"Expect that every time too", Anthony winked. I couldn't help but my roll my eyes in annoyance at that. But they then showed a hint of amusement as coach gave Anthony a note. I knew what it was. Detention. Oh wait.... I have that too. I slapped myself for my idioticness. How could I even forget I have that? I've never even been in trouble at school, let alone get detention .

I let all those thoughts aside, now worrying about having to run a lap around the gym. I got up unwillingly and started pacing, trying to forget about all about what's soon going to happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

As I was now in history class, I threw up my hands in excitement as I heard the bell for lunch ring. Finally!

I ran towards the cafeteria, faster than I was running in gym.

Once I finally made it in there and got my food, I looked all around for my best friends and sat down next to them.

I looked around to see all of them, they're still there stupid selves. I grinned at all of them and seen that a new kid I had never seen was pacing around the room, trying to see where to sit. I called him over to sit down. He made his way over to us and sat down in an empty seat. "So what's your name?" I asked in curiosity. "Manuel", he answered in a deep voice. The shocked faces around me made me realize that I wasn't the only surprised at the depth of his voice. I guess my friend just sat that aside and started introducing us. "Hey, my name's Samantha and this is Marco, Aly, Nate, Zaedin, Brianna, Solange, Jamarie, and Jade", she said as she pointed last to me. I frowned at that. "Wait, where's Dharma?" I asked with concern. "Relax, she just had a minor cold. She'll be back tomorrow," Aly told me in reassurance. I nodded my head and looked around the cafeteria once more, noticing all the faces I didn't see over Summer break.